Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

So I will be at PP on Saturday and I aim to show my support  for Keogh. I’m really not happy with the club at the moment. 

this is not right and sorry Mel, brings the reputation of the club into disrepute 

we are an honourable club, honour his contract 

But Keogh didn't honour HIS contract did he?

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This first line completely contradicts the second one. You clearly don't know all the facts either, so how can you assume what Lawrence's, Bennett's and Keogh's attitudes have been like while keeping a straight face?

Have your opinion, fine. But don't criticise people for making assumptions before going onto make a huge one yourself.

Fair point 

I do not suppose I thought mine was a huge one, but I can see how it could be seen like that. I did not mean to criticise anyone, it was just bothering me a little as a basic premise.

But the point of my post is meant to be "consistency is not always possible."

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

wouldn't that be breach of confidentiality?  It would be in my world and I would lose any related case.   

Yet they allowed the terms of his wage reduction to be reported, so everyone knows the real reason.  Just a bit of transparency would help...  

If it's meant to be confidential, shouldn't we be suing John Percy??

8 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

hi all

As soon as the details of the 'accident' were made public I inwardly predicted this.  Here's my take for what it's worth:

DCFC is a workplace just like any other.  The evening was a club event and therefore he was 'on duty' as Club Captain.  As Club Captain, he not only refused the offer of transport after consuming alcohol (why players at this level think they should be consuming ANY alcohol in midweek is another question for another day, I don't think that top tennis players or athletes drink alcohol during the competition season!!!), he chose to remain with two younger players and consume even more alcohol, much more apparently.  In doing so he incapacitated himself, thus rendering himself unable to fulfil his workplace function of ensuring the well being of the younger players, and then allowed them to drive drunk (unbelievable!!!) and endanger both themselves and members of the public.  He therefore has to carry the can for the whole incident.  His was the 'controlling mind' (I believe that is the legal term) and he is the architect of his own downfall.  He has no one to blame but himself.

I wish him well, I thank him for all his efforts, time to draw a line and move on.  If the club reach an out of court settlement then fine, as long as it doesn't cost too much, the PFA can negotiate that I'm sure.  He let the club and himself down, and if I were Mel Morris I would do exactly the same.  Sean Barker, Thorne, Fozzy etc are all completely different cases, and the club showed loyalty to them.

Sorry if that sounds harsh to some but I don't see how he can really complain TBH.

LR2

This 100%.... bravo! the end.

I support the actions of the club , accepting that like other fans I don't know everything. But Keogh actions seem to me to warrant disciplinary action. That he turned down an offer from the club is his responsibility and he must face the consequences. Perhaps the most troubling consequence is  lack of provision of support and facilities for his physical rehabilitation.

Personally I am happy that I will never have to listen to another Keogh post-match interview

8 hours ago, cannable said:

When you start naming players who have had half a season in the division, a quarter of a season in the division, players Keogh has literally kept out of our starting XI, and bit-part full-backs as better than him… that’s when people don’t take you seriously

All you’ve really done there is name the centre-halves of some of the most recently promoted teams

Yeah. You asked for a brief list of centre halves from the last 6 years??‍♂️. What did you want me to put? Players that got teams relegated? The list is endless. England internationals and 50 mill players galore. Who has keogh kept out , out of that lot? Zero. Davies nearly got called up for england when at hull. Want me to carry on? Im glad hes not gonna play for us again. Serial faliure and a massive donkey. 

Very weird how Keogh was at the ground on crutches, smiling, signing autographs... other two back in the fold..  all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet. 

Speculating... but did the club say we have your back, you can get fit, be club captain, let's sit down work it all out. Keogh is chuffed...

His representatives then actually meet the club and feel 'wth, that offer is derisory ' tell him not to accept. 

Such a disaster it ended this way .  Everyone looks bad.. in hindsight could have been handled better. 

Still... Ta-ta Richard, club moves on. 

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Yet they allowed the terms of his wage reduction to be reported, so everyone knows the real reason.  Just a bit of transparency would help...  

If it's meant to be confidential, shouldn't we be suing John Percy??

we don't know the source of the leak, maybe an attempt to meet your expectation of knowing things you are not entitled to. maybe it was somebody close to Keo trying to gain sympathy.  I think the leak was a poor decision by somebody.  Staff relations are a mine field, you are being incredibly harsh on our club to think every step in such matters should perfectly meet your expectations.

For everyone slating the club about morals, this keogh decision was not about that. The incident was a police matter and so it has been dealt with by the police. Nothing the club can really do. The decision to sack Keogh was purely a business decision that makes perfect sense. Why should the club continue to pay a ridiculous amounts of money to a person who won't be playing for another year. Now there must be more to this than meets the eye but they offered him a contract on reduced wages and he declined. The club has been put in a difficult situation here, I don't see what they could have done differently.

The whole scenario is messy - very turbulent times for the club and fans.

Lawrence has been playing better since the incident so either he has realised he needs to repay Derby for his stupid decision or he has been told hes out the door in January and hes playing for a contract elsewhere. Bennett hasn't really featured and i dont think the club would get much money for him yet i till expect he also maybe sold in January.

If we had sacked Lawrence and Bennett, probable total player worth of around 7 millio,. we would of looked stupid and i dont think fans would of been happy with the loss of money. let them play until the next transfer window and try and get some money for them and replace them with better which i dont think would be too hard.

Such a crazy time to be a rams fan.

17 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Yeah. You asked for a brief list of centre halves from the last 6 years??‍♂️. What did you want me to put? Players that got teams relegated? The list is endless. England internationals and 50 mill players galore. Who has keogh kept out , out of that lot? Zero. Davies nearly got called up for england when at hull. Want me to carry on? Im glad hes not gonna play for us again. Serial faliure and a massive donkey. 

Chancel Mbemba’s played 12 games at this level and you named him ?

Kourtney Hause… you haven’t even paid attention to where he plays let alone how he plays… 

Michael Keane plays for England…

Edited by cannable

25 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Very weird how Keogh was at the ground on crutches, smiling, signing autographs... other two back in the fold..  all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet. 

Speculating... but did the club say we have your back, you can get fit, be club captain, let's sit down work it all out. Keogh is chuffed...

His representatives then actually meet the club and feel 'wth, that offer is derisory ' tell him not to accept. 

Such a disaster it ended this way .  Everyone looks bad.. in hindsight could have been handled better. 

Still... Ta-ta Richard, club moves on. 

Yeah, I can't believe that. Why would anybody want his autograph now. 

2 hours ago, Bristol City said:

Derby have been caught between a rock and a hard place.

Had Keogh got into his own car drunk, crashed and bust his knee I suspect that most football fans would applaud their decision to sack him for gross misconduct as they feel that rsh footballers think they can get away with anything.

Derby's problem is that the actions of Mount and Lawrence in the same incident makes it appear that their stance and action over Keogh is  motivated more by hard financial prudence that moral indignation.

Following on from Pride Park Gate it does not paint the club in the best moral light.

Pretty much spot on in my opinion. This is a financial decision for sure over morality issues.

53 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

PR FC strikes again.

The club has really handled this whole episode poorly.

How so, DCFC held an investigation, 2 players ended up in court, The court sees fit to prosecute both the players, DCFC also fine both players 6 weeks wages after they've been punished by the court.

Keogh I would have thought had come under the same investigation, This would have happened circa 2-3 weeks ago, Keoghs punishment would have been at the same time as L and B, Keogh would have been given time to digest the offer, He turned down very good terms imo.

My guess is someone on Keoghs side leaked the outcome, DCFC have only confirmed what was leaked.

Being supporters some feel the need to scrutinise every detail of this whole saga, Fortunately it's a private matter, In Keoghs case someone jumped rather than being pushed.

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hendrick getting involved ..HA! The same fella who Derby stuck by when he was in and out of court for kicking someone in?  Pipe up & get a haircut. Unbelievable hypocrisy 

Jeff was found not guilty? 

He used to be out all the time though and I can’t believe people weren’t bothered about players drinking then…

2 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

How so, DCFC held an investigation, 2 players ended up in court, The court sees fit to prosecute both the players, DCFC also fine both players 6 weeks wages after they've been punished by the court.

Keogh I would have thought had come under the same investigation, This would have happened circa 2-3 weeks ago, Keoghs punishment would have been at the same time as L and B, Keogh would have been given time to digest the offer, He turned down very good terms imo.

My guess is someone on Keoghs side leaked the outcome, DCFC have only confirmed what was leaked.

Being supporters some feel the need to scrutinise every detail of this whole saga, Fortunately it's a private matter, In Keoghs case someone jumped rather than being pushed.

Because the club statement justifying Keogh’s sacking is completely at odds with retaining Bennett and Lawrence… and if you really don’t believe it’s a PR disaster then just have a search on Twitter. Can’t remember the last time United fans were talking about us.

1 hour ago, R@M said:

Again, for something to be gross misconduct, it has to be written into the contract. Maybe, under the contractual terms, the offence committed by the other 2 was not enough to sack them. How many others at the club (all staff) have been allowed to keep their jobs after a similar conviction? 

The key point, i premise, is that he has made a decision that has resulted in him being unable to do his job. 

Written into the contract ? I would put money on a line that states “ Shall not damage the reputation of the organisation “ and that my friend would 100% nail it, pretty standard stuff really.