Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Archied said:

O come on please , not more clit bait

How on earth did that get through the Sensor 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

I'd like someone who really cares about Derby County and just doesn't see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club with a bigger salary. I'd like someone with excellent people skills, who nurtures and develops young academy players and is able to carry on with style of football we have been playing this season.

In light of this my top 5 is....

Lampard

Morris

Adkins

Hughton

Jokanovic

11 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

Do they? Because every time I've watched them (and I've seen 10+ matches over the past two years) and every single person I speak to about them says that their football makes Pulis look like a disciple of Johan Cruyff.

That's not knocking they're record. Clearly they've done insanely well and are a good management team. But from what I know, the style of play could not be more at odds with what we are trying to achieve. 

Being from Lincoln I have a lot of friends who go every week and I’ve even been myself a few times... I can safely say I’d rather take a hammer to the Crown Jewels than watch a team managed by the Cowleys... they’ve done great for Lincoln and I’ve even had the pleasure talking to them a few times through work and they’re great guys but Christ their football is boring! 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Sometimes you have to be negative to stay in the division he played a style to get the best out if the players he had 

I don’t get why people still don’t see the prem cycle of the bottom 10. You get away with playing a good style for one or two seasons but naturally with such fierce competition and almost 12 to 14 games where you expect to pick up zero points, the quality deteriorates and teams will change to a do whatever we can not to be relegated style. Hughton did what he had to with the players he had and kept them up only to be sacked for it. People who chuck him in with Pulis or allardyce are being very unfair and he should get way more credit and respect. He even managed Birmingham to fourth in the championship. Does a great job everywhere. 

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not entirely sure that FFP is an issue with us - we've just posted a £14m profit? If you take next season into consideration as our third rolling year, won't it be -£7.9m, £14m and £Xm. We can average a £13m loss a year, so if we keep that figure in mind we can make a loss of £32.1m next season and still be within that FFP 'target'. 

I'm not saying it's advisable, but we are in a great position financially to give a good manager the tools to finish the job. 

Let’s see how things develop.

Hughton is my choice ,the man knows how to get promotion and until we get promotion we are always going to be open to the kind of stuff that’s happened with lampard and rowett and from ever increasing number of clubs that are smaller than us with smaller fan bases .

i get the vibe that hughton would bring stability and stay long enough to build something not just jump ship ,it’s clear that given time he can build decent teams 

Archived