Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Slavisa Jokanovic????

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Jokanovic is the right answer. Pay the man whatever he wants.

"Jokanovic, start the bounce
Jokanovic, Jokanovic, start the bounce"

No, awful suggestion

Now "Pulis, start the bounce", that's got a ring to it

Will just copy over why I posted in other thread:

Jokanovic is the only available manager who could evolve and improve on the work that has already been put in place, as opposed to needing a summer to re-shape the squad.

He also has two promotions from this division under his belt.

No brainer, for me. 

Hughton the safe option but doubts over style of play. We need someone to continue playing football the right way. Jokanovic the man to do that, but slightly more risky as his teams have been known to be more leaky than a colander at times. Tough choice between those two.

If not, down to gambling on someone who’s done well in the lower divisions. Grant McCann did a decent job at Doncaster... really struggling tbh to think of any.

One of the top two. I’m a gambler and like good football. Time for the joka

I'd like someone who really cares about Derby County and just doesn't see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club with a bigger salary. I'd like someone with excellent people skills, who nurtures and develops young academy players and is able to carry on with style of football we have been playing this season.

I really hope we get someone with local connections. Not because I'm all dewy eyed about ex-players. It's just with all these cockneys in charge we got no ITK info. I reckon it's because they had no mates here to blab to. If we get someone with more of a local network, there's bound to be a few more leaks.

Forums are much better with actual ITK rumours - who cares about the actual football!

I know this isn't anyone's fault. We can literally do nothing about it..

I wanted Lampard to stay. Loved last season and the connection with the fans, players and staff. I wanted stability and for Lampard to build something.

Number one choice for me is Jokanovic. Absolute stand out. He won't be available for long either. Could cost too much. Probably wants some funds for transfers too. I'd be excited with Jokanovic.

Hughton, Karanka, Darren Moore. I'd be happy with. Think they could do a good job. 

Simpson is a no for me. Been here under Stevie Mac.

Please god nobody mention Stimac.

McClaren, Rowett, Pulis, Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes, Pardew, Wasall. Any of them and my season ticket is going back.

39 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Would love us to go for Mikel arteta, unproven though I think we’d play great football, whoever we end up with put a huge severance clause in if someone comes in for them.

Pointless, Everton or Arsenal will take him if he has an average season...

Archived