Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

John Terry would be a good shout, well respected at villa and keeps our profile high for young players at top clubs to be loaned out. 

What and have Chelsea come in for him when they sack frank next summer? 

On 14/06/2019 at 00:04, Dappled Ram said:

I'd like someone who really cares about Derby County and just doesn't see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club with a bigger salary. I'd like someone with excellent people skills, who nurtures and develops young academy players and is able to carry on with style of football we have been playing this season.

Paul Simpson with Robbie van der Laan. 

If I can't have Frank or Jodie I'm going completely outside the box and saying either Xavi or Iniesta would make waves as signings.  The clamour by our own young players (and potential loanees) to play under one of them keeps us news and investment worthy, and keeps the good vibe going.

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Paul Simpson with Robbie van der Laan. 

Todd, Gregory, Clough, McClaren, month of Powell, Rowett and the ultimate fairy tale of them all, the return of McClaren, have we not got this ex player back to take us to glory out our systems yet?

Think the first checkbox on the application form should be never played for the club. If unticked, application rejected.

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Jokanovic today has said to the Serbian media that he will not be taking over the national team but that instead he is close to becoming a manager at a club (did not mention a name)..?

Won’t be us then, we have a manager 

And yet this is just what Chelsea are doing. When I say someone who cares about Derby I don't necessarily mean an ex player. You never know we might have a budding manager on this forum. Some posters sometimes suggest they know better than whatever manager we've got!

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Jokanovic today has said to the Serbian media that he will not be taking over the national team but that instead he is close to becoming a manager at a club (did not mention a name)..?

CHELSEA - former midfielder- experienced- knows the club - need I go on 

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

He did indeed! Although a little further down the article he also said this...

"Do not let me get into false stories. I've always showered only in my soup and watched exclusively in my yard. I do not know who it is in interest to invent and mention millions of euros. Someone reads and can think about everything. And the only truth is that all this is not true" - adds Jokanovic

Make of that what you will.

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

And yet this is just what Chelsea are doing. When I say someone who cares about Derby I don't necessarily mean an ex player. You never know we might have a budding manager on this forum. Some posters sometimes suggest they know better than whatever manager we've got!

I saw Lampard with tears in his eyes on the pitch at Elland Road, I think he cares, and I’m sure he will have a soft spot in his heart for Derby and memories will hold dear to him but ultimately it’s just a job.

Paul Simpson same length of time at Man City as he did at Derby, started his career there and I would bet my last pound if Man City came calling he would be off. I’m sure he has great memories, will talk at length how he enjoyed his time at Derby and cares about the club.

Unless you appoint a manger which has history with the club I don’t think you will find one that cares about Derby from day 1, it develops over time with memories and a bond created with the fans.

Dennis Bergkamp has been a top level assistant manager for a while.. but is he capable of making the step up to number one? Could be another clement scenario for me that, too risky for me that players wouldn’t respect him. Interesting he’s moving out of Holland tho for his next job, been a while since he left Ajax, wonder where he will end up? I would imagine coaching in the prem somewhere but who knows, he certainly seems to suggest he wants to remain a coach. Was sacked by Ajax mind.. may turn up at arsenal in some role. But depends who wants him. No doubt a good coach but I’d surprised to see him as a manager in his next role.

Archived