Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowleys at Lincoln. The 2 of them radiate the same sort of enthusiasm and positivity Frank had and I think they could build on what he did rather than start from scratch again. We just need someone to keep the momentum going and add a couple of players.

58 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Besides Wassall, who are the actually coaches of the 23’s/18’s that have been so successful? Could a promotion from within be plausible? 

Justin Walker coaches the Premier League Under 18 Champions. 

Realistically looking at market availability I wouldn't be too displeased if we did get Rowett 2. We went back in for the Mac afterall. Taking the rose tinted specs off he was only one game off Frank's achievement. There is no loyalty in football as we'll likely see with FL when the time comes so I am sure we can get over the Stoke City episode and draw a line under it. The football was effective if not a little dour but if we got us back in the playoffs again most would be happy with that.

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

20583144-E3FF-47E7-93ED-AAF3509A67BB.gif

Listen, I'm very serious about us signing this man I only learnt about 20 minutes ago. I'm even part way through a chant to the tune of Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran. This is the hill I'm choosing to die on. I want to get this Wolf into sheep's (Rams's) clothing.

20 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lampard is all but gone (yes I’m being negative but it seems inevitable)

So, who is next? 

Mel has only shown interest in British managers in the past, as far as I am aware. Maybe Chris Hughton? Good for stability and has a decent record regarding promotion. 

18 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Realistically looking at market availability I wouldn't be too displeased if we did get Rowett 2. We went back in for the Mac afterall. Taking the rose tinted specs off he was only one game off Frank's achievement. There is no loyalty in football as we'll likely see with FL when the time comes so I am sure we can get over the Stoke City episode and draw a line under it. The football was effective if not a little dour but if we got us back in the playoffs again most would be happy with that.

If you think that's funny I can assure you it's not. If you're serious then I feel really sorry for you.

3 hours ago, hope60 said:

Good shout. Terry with Ash Cole as his assistant will keep a good Chelsea connection so we can keep the loans coming.

They are more likely to be part of Lampard's entourage when he goes to Chelsea. 

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Time travelling is a rare talent. ?

Been dying to post that since 1999. For those who want to know he was renting the six sense staring Bruce Willis 

14 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I like Lee Johnson. Very much an up and coming manager and plays great football

I like him too but I believe he's just signed a new deal with Bristol City so would probably cost a decent amount in compensation that I would doubt we'd be willing to pay.

Archived