Suggestions for the next Derby manager

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Praying Frank will stay and finish what hes started , but if the pull of Chelsea proves too much then a manager whose always gone about his job in a very professional way , playing decent football , and im sure hasnt been mentioned on here yet , but i think may be worth a go , Kenny Jackett

Kenny Jacket. sorry its a no from me, and its a go fetch yours lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Moore has a lot in his favour - knows the club, supposedly gets on well with the owner, plays attacking football, not afraid to use academy players. However, he does have the same tactical naivety most young managers have. 

I feel the use of youth players will play a key part in choosing our next manager. Which could rule some options like Hughton out. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Darren Moore has a lot in his favour - knows the club, supposedly gets on well with the owner, plays attacking football, not afraid to use academy players. However, he does have the same tactical naivety most young managers have. 

I feel the use of youth players will play a key part in choosing our next manager. Which could rule some options like Hughton out. 

Still seems an odd decision that Darren was sacked, but then again it's West Brom we are talking about. Moore would I imagine be still be popular amongst Rams fans. Possibly worth considering when Lampard leaves, but reservations, as he is another ex Rams player, it doesn't always work out....

On 14/06/2019 at 01:44, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lampard is all but gone (yes I’m being negative but it seems inevitable)

So, who is next? 

I almost don’t care. Please no cloggers playing gritty percentage football and not Lee Bowyer just because of the baggage and the Leeds connection. 

8 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

While it has absolutely zero reflection on real life, on my latest Football Manager save, when Lampard was poached (this time by Cardiff) he was replaced by Mark Hughes. He achieved absolutely bugger all and was eventually sacked and replaced by Igor. Igor has now achieved the result we all knew was possible and took us to the promised land of League One.

So neither of those, ta.

Have you thought of selling this to the Derby Evening Telegraph?

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Calm down, calm down......i've cracked it.....

image.thumb.jpeg.250b3eb6947dfc08908e69484ed0a4e4.jpeg

And no, it isn't the one on the left.

Ex-assistant boss at Ajax. Heavily involved with their academy.

might just fit lovely.

Perfect. Get that man on a plane!

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Calm down, calm down......i've cracked it.....

image.thumb.jpeg.250b3eb6947dfc08908e69484ed0a4e4.jpeg

And no, it isn't the one on the left.

Ex-assistant boss at Ajax. Heavily involved with their academy.

might just fit lovely.

Bruce Rioch DCFC legend, signed Bergkamp who became an Arsenal legend. 

Been so much fake news I’m not sure I trust that story reading it... but you would hope Jokanovic would be in the managers we’d consider, seems an obvious option to look into. Backtracking further by the media claiming Lampard hasn’t even been chosen by Chelsea yet, so those early reports were clearly balls. Just wish sarris move would hurry up, another day it was supposed to happen and it hasn’t, so we can see what happens at that juncture. Should know more in the next couple of days hopefully, then we’ll see if Chelsea make an official approach, and the levels of truths in the rumours.

Interesting it claims talks over a new deal started not long after Wembley, May be of little consequence to stopping this move then. If we haven’t reached the point of putting a firm offer to Lampard by this point then perhaps we never will and it’ll break down after a Chelsea approach. 

Says MM would like another retired former star.. arteta then may be considered? There aren’t that many options so we could start guessing. I’d be wary tho, just cause Lampard worked out doesn’t mean all Great players can hack being a manager. Experience proves less risky. It’s a tough role and it’s better to know your way around it. Could be a tough season if were expecting 6 academy players to step up to fill the roles left behind by departing players, I mean we’ve got some serious talent but that’s still be very risky. Need to be sure they can hack it.

10 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

While it has absolutely zero reflection on real life, on my latest Football Manager save, when Lampard was poached (this time by Cardiff) he was replaced by Mark Hughes. He achieved absolutely bugger all and was eventually sacked and replaced by Igor. Igor has now achieved the result we all knew was possible and took us to the promised land of League One.

So neither of those, ta.

Igor tends to get given the Brisbane Roar job on mine before being sacked a few month later...on the other hand I have just gone a season unbeaten. Sign me up Mel!

2 hours ago, europia said:

Bruce Rioch DCFC legend, signed Bergkamp who became an Arsenal legend. 

Yes. He was great. One of my favourites at the time. 

Archived