Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand people being hesitant about Hughton’s management style, but he has got Newcastle and Brighton promoted plus kept Norwich and Brighton in the premier league. If we go by this and the fact he is out of work then it is the logical and sensible option. I am actually sick and tired of having managers do well and then getting poached by other clubs. McClaren, Rowett and not Lampard.  

12 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

For me, he's the most unluckiest manager in the world. He did really well at Spurs, Newcastle & brighton and has been shoddily treated imo.

He's obvioulsy a good manager and had next to no money in the prem and kept them up for 2 seasons. Imagine what he could do with a chairman who would/could back him.

Anyway Frank will still be our manager so it doesn't matter ?

Not to mention he got Norwich to a 12 place finish in the prem. everyone keeps mentioning this negative style, Brighton were not negative in the championship and neither were newcastle under him. 

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Been dying to post that since 1999. For those who want to know he was renting the six sense staring Bruce Willis 

I told him the boy was dead. He put it back 

8 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I understand people being hesitant about Hughton’s management style, but he has got Newcastle and Brighton promoted plus kept Norwich and Brighton in the premier league. If we go by this and the fact he is out of work then it is the logical and sensible option. I am actually sick and tired of having managers do well and then getting poached by other clubs. McClaren, Rowett and not Lampard.  

Yes, my thoughts also. Please can we have a manager with integrity who will do a good job and stay for at least 2 seasons. Not too much of an ask? 

52 minutes ago, europia said:

Mel has only shown interest in British managers in the past, as far as I am aware. Maybe Chris Hughton? Good for stability and has a decent record regarding promotion. 

*Derby have only shown interest in British Managers. Every manager we've had since Billy Davies has been English. Scotland is the most exotic country we have ever had a manager from in our entire 100+ years of existence.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

*Derby have only shown interest in British Managers. Every manager we've had since Billy Davies has been English. Scotland is the most exotic country we have ever had a manager from in our entire 100+ years of existence.

Would be just like us to take our first foray into the big world of foreign managers by signing a former Ireland international from Essex.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Very good point. Unlikely to be an Igor / Eranio dream team to replace Lampard then ?

Continuing the same style of play and promoting youth (if good enough) are key. With the right appointment we can nail it next season. We went wrong post Mac 1 when we were primed to be real promotion contenders.

Of the managers out of work Jokanovic would be good option. Karanka would piss forest off but no thanks. Hugh rob would also be good, he played decent football with Geordies Norwich and Brighton and knows what it takes to get out of this league. He’s also proven very adept at managing with what he has.

Of those still in work, Wilder (if the rumours are true he’s fed up of the board in-fighting) would be an absolute dream. But assuming not, I’d like us to go for Alex Neil. Proven manager can work within a budget and plays good football. Gary Monk would also be a good option, as would Lee Bowyer.

There are many good options out there. It could be far far worst, you could be starting the season with Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane as your management team......

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I’d go for Gary Neville, he’s knowledgeable, probably got good contacts and will have a lot to prove.

Sorry you got the wrong thread,  the jokes thread is in the pub.

40 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Not to mention he got Norwich to a 12 place finish in the prem. everyone keeps mentioning this negative style, Brighton were not negative in the championship and neither were newcastle under him. 

Sometimes you have to be negative to stay in the division he played a style to get the best out if the players he had 

Archived