Suggestions for the next Derby manager

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

What a thoroughly depressing collection of names......

Is there something a bit more imaginative about ? What's David Wagner doing at the moment? 

Recovering from failing miserably? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

I don’t know, like I say I’m clinging on to Lampard until he’s signed a Chelsea contract. 

After writing all that Percy casually strolls in with a ??

2 minutes ago, David said:

After writing all that Percy casually strolls in with a ??

Rowett signed an extended contract and then went to Stoke.

However if Chelsea come knocking and Frank turns them down it will be quite frankly hilarious.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

However if Chelsea come knocking and Frank turns them down it will be quite frankly hilarious.

Whilst I’m against offering managers new contracts to stop other clubs from taking them (lessons learnt), this would be an astonishing coup by Mel given the media coverage of Lampard to Chelsea. 

You could question was the interest genuine from Chelsea and if he signed I’m sure that would be their fans defence, “gotcha”, we never wanted him now anyway, but to be honest I wouldn’t care less if Derby tweet in the coming days #Lampard2025

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We are news though one way or another- media dream 

I like to believe that if Frank moves on to Chelsea, he's made enough of a connection with the club and seen enough of the facilities ect to loan us some of the Chelsea youngsters 

I'd love it to be Jody Morris, but he'd go with Frank. I'd probably be more gutted about JM leaving 

21 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

I like to believe that if Frank moves on to Chelsea, he's made enough of a connection with the club and seen enough of the facilities ect to loan us some of the Chelsea youngsters 

I'd love it to be Jody Morris, but he'd go with Frank. I'd probably be more gutted about JM leaving 

Perhaps we could try and offer Jody a better deal as well?

3 pairs of rams pants for him to lounge around in on Facebook/Instagram and I reckon we'll be talking ?

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

Well I assume a lot of it is about  getting Jody too. Chelsea have about 3 squads worth of "talent" on the books and he's going to know exactly who merits a promotion to the first team... perfect double act really. Their club is in a mess and I think it needs people who care about it.

Would love him to stick around though! The youth journey at Derby looks like it went through night and day change.

1 hour ago, David said:

Whilst I’m against offering managers new contracts to stop other clubs from taking them (lessons learnt), this would be an astonishing coup by Mel given the media coverage of Lampard to Chelsea. 

You could question was the interest genuine from Chelsea and if he signed I’m sure that would be their fans defence, “gotcha”, we never wanted him now anyway, but to be honest I wouldn’t care less if Derby tweet in the coming days #Lampard2025

In addition, possible that the new investment is very close, and Mel thinks we can afford a better deal for the coaching staff - it's likely with his first foray into management, and the state we were in when he joined, that the money he's on isn't high compared to other managers at this level. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In addition, possible that the new investment is very close, and Mel thinks we can afford a better deal for the coaching staff - it's likely with his first foray into management, and the state we were in when he joined, that the money he's on isn't high compared to other managers at this level. 

All quiet on the new investment front isn't it? Haven't seen anything at all about it?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

All quiet on the new investment front isn't it? Haven't seen anything at all about it?

Yeah but is any journalist actually likely to report anything about Derby other than Lampard? 

Praying Frank will stay and finish what hes started , but if the pull of Chelsea proves too much then a manager whose always gone about his job in a very professional way , playing decent football , and im sure hasnt been mentioned on here yet , but i think may be worth a go , Kenny Jackett

Whats disappointing for me is this time last year we had no competition for Frank. Mel took the gamble. Now before anybody says Lampard has done nothing apart from lose a Wembley final...I would like to say ive never seen a Manager unite a dressing room and fans in 1 year as Frank Lampard. I feel Frank has a job to do here. Finish what you started sort of thing. Chelsea would not even give Frank a 2nd look if they were not under a transfer embargo. Id love it...just love it if Frank stayed. 

27 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Praying Frank will stay and finish what hes started , but if the pull of Chelsea proves too much then a manager whose always gone about his job in a very professional way , playing decent football , and im sure hasnt been mentioned on here yet , but i think may be worth a go , Kenny Jackett

Kenny jacket???

Calm down, calm down......i've cracked it.....

image.thumb.jpeg.250b3eb6947dfc08908e69484ed0a4e4.jpeg

And no, it isn't the one on the left.

Ex-assistant boss at Ajax. Heavily involved with their academy.

might just fit lovely.

Archived