Suggestions for the next Derby manager

19 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Almost sounds like a one to appease the fans from a club that has ran out of money cos they allowed a dour manager to spunk all their parachute money up the wall

lfmao !!

Certainly has the feel of a finance-driven appointment. He should stop wasting his cash chasing us!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughton and Jokanovic are the best of a very bad/average bunch.

Amazed the lack of mention of Alex Neil and Lee Johnson though. Surely we could pay Preston and Bristol the compo with the ££ we’d get from Chelsea 

13 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Amazed the lack of mention of Alex Neil and Lee Johnson though. Surely we could pay Preston and Bristol the compo with the ££ we’d get from Chelsea 

Not sure why you’re amazed, both have just signed new contracts.

Alex Neil signed a 3 year contract in April

Lee Johnson signed a 4 year contract in May

2 minutes ago, David said:

Contracts don’t mean much, see Luke Thomas and the 4 year deal he got last year ?‍♂️

If Lampard departs I'd like Jody to take over. Pie in the sky I know but. .

Failing that the Cowley brothers would be a good shout. Done a fantastic job at Lincoln and seen for myself how their academy has developed. Interesting to that there appears to be links between the two clubs at that level.

I'd rather we go for another superstar rather than a championship journeyman.

we are going to need a lift in order to avoid a post-wembley, post-frankie slump.

this managerial exit would be the most damaging yet.

(Altho I expect it will be someone boring like gary monk).

Still not convinced Franks going but if he did I’d take Jokanovic as next Manager.

£4 mil compo for Frank

Tomori on a permanent, Mount and Ampadu on loan and Chelsea to buy bogle for £15 mil plus add ins with a 2 year loan back allowing us enough funds to get Wilson back in a permanent.

yes it ain’t gonna happen but I’ve got to dream!

How about a guy who's bought relative success to his team during the last 6 years (4 x 2nd place finishes, 3 x cup finals) and who has an in depth knowledge of what can be a very useful player market for a Championship club.

He also happens to be a big fan of our new midfield signing Graham Shinnie.

Derek McInnes from Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Because we are Derby ducking County that’s why!

They didn't come because we are Derby County.

they came because we were Frank Lampards Derby County.

31 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hughton and Jokanovic are the best of a very bad/average bunch.

Neil is a good manager but I have never been convinced by Johnson. His sides traditionally go months without winning a game, then win ten in a row. Repeat. Think it would drive me up the wall. Not to mention he is essentially David Brent but with a squeaky voice.

Also can’t really see how any group of managers containing Hughton and Jokanovic is a “very bad/average bunch.” Both have multiple promotions from this league, including the last season they managed in this league?

33 minutes ago, David said:

Amazed is probably the wrong word but it wouldn’t be the first time a manager who is under contract moved to another club would it. We surely won’t just be looking at managers who are out of work

4 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Amazed is probably the wrong word but it wouldn’t be the first time a manager who is under contract moved to another club would it. We surely won’t just be looking at managers who are out of work

Managers leave under contract all the time, but we’re talking 1 and 2 months they signed these deals. 

Would you want a manager that walks out on a new contract after that length of time? Would you want to spend most of, if not all the money we receive for Frank if he does leave and spend it on a manager willing to do that?

We have fans calling for loyalty from Frank after a season and gave Rowett abuse an inflatable snake to take home after signing a contract in January and leaving in May.

Chelsea one of the biggest clubs in the country and Stoke who were recently relegated but had fresh parachute money to spend. 

Bristol City and Preston to Derby wouldn’t be remotely the same move. Just can’t see it and I’m not amazed that others haven’t suggested them with possibly the same thoughts.

Archived