Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

Can’t wait for this about Tom Lawrence to be confirmed as a non-story, then he starts on Saturday continuing where he left off against the baggies, ripping Leeds to shreds! 

My hatred for Leeds has renewed this season with spygate, the arrogance their ownership in appealing Bamford’s ban and that statement they released expecting the league to do a deal with them because they believed the ref missed an offence with Hourihane, the arrogance of their fans blaming the team not getting autos due to a conspiracy against them all season and not getting decisions! Now they’re baiting us trying to get Lawrence banned and Sky desperate for the Spygate sequel are fuelling it. And I’ve not even mentioned the fact their fans are animals!!!

We all ducking hate Leeds and in the words of Kevin Keegan “I would love it if we beat them! Love it”

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bo Ram said:

I don't get how sending spies up makes any sense, that would make Derby hypocritical cheats just like Aston Villa. Is that what we stand for now ? You get dirty we get dirtier. I don't think so. Unfortunately, only people with rose tinted glasses on expect us to even survive until half-time in the playoffs. We just aren't good enough. We were 6th last year so what difference has Fat Frank made ? C'mon guys, we need a manager for the club, not a guy like him who cares only about his image, He's just not smart enough to outwit Bielsa. Hope I'm wrong but the cocky noises we made last match just shows we don't know what we're in for. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Managers gonna be the reason I'm afraid, his honeymoon is over.

Not sure this is the proof the nation needed that Leeds fans have a sense of humour or confirmation they've got too much time on their hands on a Bank Holiday with no access to the Jeremy Kyle show...

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Hope Lawrence scores 3 and celebrates them all by flopping around like a fish infront of the Leeds fans

Or channelling his inner Shefki Kuqi
Image.thumb.png.ddf1ea9ca93d54fcfb8a987a9030eb96.png

What a tie this is lining up to be. In my opinion i dont care what happens now, I hope we get to the Premier League but if not so be it. It has been an up and down season at times but very exciting and what a great achievement to reach the playoffs. It would of been hard to take if we had narrowly missed out Sunday but anything can happen now. The Lawrence saga will be nothing more than some easily written story from sky, He was clipped you can see that, as long as there is contact its a penalty (not to mention he was moving quite quickly).

The old enemy Leeds then on Saturday, I will enjoy watching the WBA v Villa game before hand to see how them two set up and play. Come kick off ill be bricking it. Im quietly confident at the minute we are in great form and the club seems to be at one for the first time in a long time, the players have confidence and the mood around the place is that of togetherness and optimism. With Leeds' recent form being quite frankly poor we need to take the game to them, not underestimate them by any means but play our game and sod there antics. 

We are good enough to beat any side in this league on our day, we went to Norwich and won so why should we fear Elland Road. For me when you play Leeds you have to match there work rate and desire, If we give the ball away too much they will punish us. We need to keep the ball and move it with speed and be as direct as possible. Get an early goal and the Leeds fans may start to turn on there team. Leeds have easily beaten us twice this season but these are 2 cup finals and previous H2H results go out the window ( Hull 0-3 at home). 

We need a packed out Pride Park again for this one no doubt about it, the atmosphere was electric Sunday. The "We are Derby" poem needs to be read out live again before kick off and it would be great if everyone was in there seats 10 mins before the start of the game so we can ramp up the atmosphere. Tickets seem to be well priced so we should sell out, we need to sell out. Lets make some noise and carry the lads to a giant win in our last home game of the season for sure this time. COYR give it everything you've got from management and players to the fans. Lets do this!!!!

It will be a great occasion.

both managers have done great jobs. Forget spy-gate and concentrate on the task in hand. They caught us cold at PP and ran us into the ground. Hopefully no Roofe. no repeat. 

The away leg will be a massive scrap. 30,000 rabid yorkshiremen and topless blokes wearing nipple tassles will be a severe test for anyone. we could do with three Bradley johnsons. At least half the team will be changed from the away defeat when frank dropped bogle but picked Max Lowe - (weird one Frank?) - and with the mighty Roos in goal we might not be as fragile at the back. 

But if wigan can win at elland road, and ipswich can beat Leeds, then surely we can do it. 

Two wins please, and a flake. 

Well their managers briefing will be interesting this time

roos - distributes much quicker and accurately than carson

bogle - attacks and has started scoring with lots of assists

keogh - started scoring

tomori - fast

malone - not young lowe at left back and can attack well

johnson - heads it kicks it kicks you and has scored goals lately

mount - scores goals and assists

holmes - turns and runs at you with the ball - where will he play? ( waiting on drone report)

wilson - shoots and scores

Lawrence- runs at you and has been scoring goals 

waghorn - holding the ball up (roos helping with that) and scoring goals

subs of note 

Bennett - fast strong and direct makes assists and scores goals

marriott - not used much but scores goals 

nugent - never scores goals ( watch him get the decisive one) 

On 06/05/2019 at 13:35, Ambitious said:

It'd be interesting to know which team's fans play the 'victim' card more - Leeds or Liverpool? Leeds fans genuinely believe there is an EFL conspiracy against them, daft ****s!

Went onto Waccoe (their main forum) and just as on Twitter (read those Phil Hay/Tom Lawrence threads) they're all mad as a box of frogs. It's seriously a bit frightening how crazed so many of them are. And they're so paranoid that I'm now banned from Waccoe despite not even posting!!!

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well their managers briefing will be interesting this time

roos - distributes much quicker and accurately than carson

bogle - attacks and has started scoring with lots of assists

keogh - started scoring

tomori - fast

malone - not young lowe at left back and can attack well

johnson - heads it kicks it kicks you and has scored goals lately

mount - scores goals and assists

holmes - turns and runs at you with the ball - where will he play? ( waiting on drone report)

wilson - shoots and scores

Lawrence- runs at you and has been scoring goals 

waghorn - holding the ball up (roos helping with that) and scoring goals

subs of note 

Bennett - fast strong and direct makes assists and scores goals

marriott - not used much but scores goals 

nugent - never scores goals ( watch him get the decisive one) 

I suspect it will be more like.....

"ok, boys so since the EFL took away Pancho's bush costume and wire cutters, I've put together these notes on the Derby team. Fortunately I had my January notes to start from......

Roos......don't know

Bogle...no idea

Keogh..yep, remember him

Tomori..and him...

Malone..er....

Johnson...um.....

Mount...ah yes, him...he's playing well now

Wilson....nope....not registering...

Waghorn...who?

Lawrence...ah yes! 

Holmes....and him.....

There we go lads....all clear? What do you mean is there any drone footage....."

?

On 05/05/2019 at 18:30, r4derby said:

This reminds me of the Hull playoffs from a few years ago. We went into it having beaten them 2-0 and 5-1 in the season.

The home game was 4-0 that season - not 5-1, but you're right

Over the four games we played them in 2015-16, we technically won 8-3 on aggregate - yet they went to Wembley and got promoted.

All it took was some bad luck in the first leg (Shackell deflection for their 2nd goal and then the 3rd one killed us in injury time on the break)

We can jolly well do this!

Here are the lineups we used in the two previous games.

Home XI: Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Lowe; Bryson, Ledley, Mount; Wilson, Waghorn, Lawrence

Subs used: Johnson, Jozefzoon, Bennett

Away XI: Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Lowe; Bryson, Evans, Mount; Holmes, Marriott, Lawrence

Subs used: Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Nugent

5 players from the home game and 6 (maybe even 7) from the away game are unlikely to start in either playoff game. Jozefzoon is also unlikely to feature. The change of personnel, the improvement of players like Tomori, and players like Waghorn settling into their role suggests we'll be seeing completely different performances over the next 8 days.

33 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

The home game was 4-0 that season - not 5-1, but you're right

Over the four games we played them in 2015-16, we technically won 8-3 on aggregate - yet they went to Wembley and got promoted.

All it took was some bad luck in the first leg (Shackell deflection for their 2nd goal and then the 3rd one killed us in injury time on the break)

We can jolly well do this!

Not sure we were unlucky in the first leg, played ok for first 20 mins but once they scored we were awful...

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

What a tie this is lining up to be. In my opinion i dont care what happens now, I hope we get to the Premier League but if not so be it. It has been an up and down season at times but very exciting and what a great achievement to reach the playoffs. It would of been hard to take if we had narrowly missed out Sunday but anything can happen now...

Now here's the thing.  That's normally my outlook.  Yeah, of course it'd be great to win it and go up, but hey, it ain't the end of the world if we don't.

But looking at all the possibilities now... from this point on... other than winning the Play-off's, the other possibilities actually scare me, and I worry my heart won't cope!

Being knocked out by Fulham was a tad disappointing.  But I can't bear to contemplate losing out to the DYS!  That would be horrendous!  My skin is crawling, just typing that!  There's only one scenario worse than that, and you all know what that would be!

Then there's the other possibility... losing at Wembley... on my first ever visit!  Don't matter who we play, I don't wanna go through what you lot did last time we were there... but at the same time, now I finally have the opportunity, I dare not stay away... Just in case we achieve what we did in 2007!  (I was in a bar in Majorca... watching with tears in my eyes, partly through joy, and partly with regret that I wasn't there with you all!)   So again, I don't even wanna think about losing that one!

No, the easiest opportunity (for me to cope with) has now passed us by.  Losing out on Sunday, I could have coped with.  I'd have been over that before I reached Costco on my stroll home!

There is now no alternative... we HAVE to win the damn thing!

GOD, I HATE FOOTBALL!  

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Now here's the thing.  That's normally my outlook.  Yeah, of course it'd be great to win it and go up, but hey, it ain't the end of the world if we don't.

But looking at all the possibilities now... from this point on... other than winning the Play-off's, the other possibilities actually scare me, and I worry my heart won't cope!

Being knocked out by Fulham was a tad disappointing.  But I can't bear to contemplate losing out to the DYS!  That would be horrendous!  My skin is crawling, just typing that!  There's only one scenario worse than that, and you all know what that would be!

Then there's the other possibility... losing at Wembley... on my first ever visit!  Don't matter who we play, I don't wanna go through what you lot did last time we were there... but at the same time, now I finally have the opportunity, I dare not stay away... Just in case we achieve what we did in 2007!  (I was in a bar in Majorca... watching with tears in my eyes, partly through joy, and partly with regret that I wasn't there with you all!)   So again, I don't even wanna think about losing that one!

No, the easiest opportunity (for me to cope with) has now passed us by.  Losing out on Sunday, I could have coped with.  I'd have been over that before I reached Costco on my stroll home!

There is now no alternative... we HAVE to win the damn thing!

GOD, I HATE FOOTBALL!  

Yep

Archived