Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

9 minutes ago, JfR said:

Refs have been confirmed for the two fixtures: Craig Pawson for the first leg, Anthony Taylor for the second leg

Two very good premier league officials. Pawson did the 2nd leg against Brighton in 13-14

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, peachmyster said:

Think Waggy has torn Achilles if so what are people’s thourghts on Martin playing as I presume he is now back with us ?

There should be a wooden spoon gif...

but David would probably have to get rid of it in case it upset a few sensitive souls!

17 hours ago, JfR said:

It's because they believe they were cheated out of the 1975 European Cup final by Bayern Munich (Leeds thinking there's a conspiracy against them? Surely not!). In truth, there were some dodgy decisions in that final, but being as they managed to end the game with 11 men when two Bayern players suffered serious longterm injuries from their fouls, one of which being career ending, I imagine the ref was just rubbish rather than paid off.

Bjorn Anderson and that terrible Terry Yorath tackle. Ended Anderssons career. A good skillfull Swedish international. 

Ask Leeds fans from that era, moaning they were robbed or cheated, who Bjorn Andersson is/was and they couldnt tell you. I reckon the ref saw that tackle and thought " Im doing you lot of barstwerds". 

Plus they picked a woeful goalie in David stewert. He was hapless that night. 

3 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

Just had a nosey on waccoe and majority are predicting a Derby win on Saturday.....

"3 - 0 to Derby. Mount, Lawrence & Tomori with the goals while Berardi to get a red card.

The defeat will be followed by a string of posts predicting us to win 4-3 on aggregate by the same people who previously said "Norwich are mid-table at best", "still top of the table" when we started stuttering and that "Sheffield United can't sustain this run."

We'll play out of our skin in the second leg, score an early goal and then score a second around the 60 minute mark. Don Goodman will insist the goal should not have counted as one of our players was offside, even though replays will suggest otherwise.

Waghorn will get one back for them while we commit men forward and will be joined by his teammates in doing the "binocular" celebration. We'll lose 4-2 on aggregate and the entire Sky contingent will wax eloquent over how Lampard taught Bielsa a lesson and that Derby's win represents a win for fair play.  

Can't wait. 

Edited 2  hours ago " 

????

Only one thing is certain if Don Goodman is on the commentary team - he will award "Man of the Match" to Billy Sharp - even though Leeds sold him 4 years ago.

5 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Pawson is from Hallam in Sheffield (don't all people from Sheffield dislike Leeds?)  and Anthony Taylor is from Withenshawe, Manchester (don't all people from Manchester dislike Leeds?)

Don't all human beings not affiliated to Leeds or sky sports dislike Leeds utd?

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Don't all human beings not affiliated to Leeds or sky sports dislike Leeds utd?

Exactly. It's clear that the only entirely fair thing to do in this situation is to allow a representative of Leeds to referee the game.

10 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Pawson is from Hallam in Sheffield (don't all people from Sheffield dislike Leeds?)  and Anthony Taylor is from Withenshawe, Manchester (don't all people from Manchester dislike Leeds?)

Leeds fans using both as an excuse for defeat soon.

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Frank just told me the team. Carson; Wisdom, Evans, Ambrose, Cole; Huddlestone, Bird, Bryson; Bennett, Marriott, Jozefzoon

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Quick, don't let Leeds utd see it!!!

@bielsa just in case you've not seen in Mercelo, here is the team that Fat Frank it putting out Satdy 

It may be me being very pessimistic  but i cant believe Bielsa has lost control or Leeds are in such bad form that we will overwhelm them.

They seemed a team build to beat us and they cover so much ground which we just cant compete with. 

Going to take some effort to come through this.

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

It may be me being very pessimistic  but i cant believe Bielsa has lost control or Leeds are in such bad form that we will overwhelm them.

They seemed a team build to beat us and they cover so much ground which we just cant compete with. 

Going to take some effort to come through this.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I think the Leeds team that thumped us 4-1 will show up. However, I think we're less tame and more confident now and will make a proper game of it.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I think the Leeds team that thumped us 4-1 will show up. However, I think we're less tame and more confident now and will make a proper game of it.

Half of the 4-1 Derby team WON'T be turning up / starting

Archived