Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Wasn't there a cult of nutters in the US with a very strange leader, of the same name???

Oh no that was Waco, but still mad as your proverbial 

I imagine if they fail the squad will be invited to a special meeting and instructed to drink the coolaid to ensure their transformation to a better place.

18 hours ago, angieram said:

No, I  didn't know any of that. 

I  also think a lot of Leeds fans are pretty fussed about us. Maybe it's just the older ones! ?

As a rule, they're not. They just tend to dislike any other team that's not them hence the aggro.

I spoken with plenty of Leeds fans over the years, there's generally 2 types - pig ignorant, 'my club's amazing' twonks that you'll find with many fans of big city clubs & the decent types who actually don't mind Derby and enjoy the trips to PP

As an aside, craic with the Leeds lot has been disappointing so far - they're all scrambling to take the underdog tag because of their recent form. I wanted a bit more bravado to throw back at them! They'll be nervous as hell come Saturday as will their players - they know they've choked, they just don't know how much worse it's going to get

Some interesting Bielsa Press conference snippits.

From Phil Hay:

Bielsa says he has seen this situation in several tournaments over the years - Copa America, Copa Libertadores, Olympics, UEFA Cup. "What I can tell you is I lost all the finals - apart from the final of the Olympics."

Bielsa on past history between Leeds and Derby this season, and whether it could motivate Derby: "It's possible."

From Adam Pope:

Bielsa on Lampard: "The results tell you the job he has done. He has good players & he made his team play well."

Bielsa says he & players have agreed that if a player goes down injured Leeds will not kick the ball out. The decision lies with the ref to stop play. He says this is the right thing by the laws. He will tell ref & opposing team beforehand.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Some interesting Bielsa Press conference snippits.

From Phil Hay:

From Adam Pope:

Winding the Leeds fans right up this afternoon, weird press conference

I think they wanted him to say this would be the greatest achievement in his career which he hasn’t, but probably could have answered it a bit better. Maybe leave out the nothing would compare to the title he won at Old Boys.

Now some Jansson snippits that I'm actually quite fond of:

"They hate us and we hate them." Jansson on Derby rivalry, "Hate is not the right word. That's me speaking as a supporter. You understand what I mean."

"Underdogs? I don't know how you can see us as underdogs. We are third in the table and we beat them twice."

(from Beren Cross)

He's right, the fact that anyone in the media is trying to pitch them as underdogs is laughable. They beat us 6-1 this season ? Doesn't matter how out of form they are, they should be favourites.

EDIT: @David I think plenty of Leeds fans in the comments to that understand his sentiment though. Newell's Old Boys is his hometown club I believe. Only proper ingrates will be wound up by that ? 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Now some Jansson snippits that I'm actually quite fond of:

(from Beren Cross)

He's right, the fact that anyone in the media is trying to pitch them as underdogs is laughable. They beat us 6-1 this season ? Doesn't matter how out of form they are, they should be favourites.

EDIT: @David I think plenty of Leeds fans in the comments to that understand his sentiment though. Newell's Old Boys is his hometown club I believe. Only proper ingrates will be wound up by that ? 

Bit weird for them to put Jansson on media duties if he's supposed to be a doubt for this game

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Bit weird for them to put Jansson on media duties if he's supposed to be a doubt for this game

He's the club captain though tbf - Captains get the duty more often than anyone else. 

Not that I think he'll miss the game. He said in the press conference he'll play in a wheelchair if he has to, so he's probably going to play.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's the club captain though tbf - Captains get the duty more often than anyone else. 

Not that I think he'll miss the game. He said in the press conference he'll play in a wheelchair if he has to, so he's probably going to play.

He's not actually club captain, Liam Cooper is, and then Luke Ayling is vice-captain. For some reason a lot of people think he is the captain though, myself included until a few weeks ago. Maybe those other two are just rubbish public speakers.

2 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

So howcome mount is doing derbys and not keogh? 

How is that relevant?

Pretty sure I'm right in saying that Keogh has done more press conferences than any other player. So my statement is true, regardless of who is doing today's press conference.

Just now, JfR said:

He's not actually club captain, Liam Cooper is, and then Luke Ayling is vice-captain. For some reason a lot of people think he is the captain though, myself included until a few weeks ago. Maybe those other two are just rubbish public speakers.

Oh fair play. I didn't know that ? 

I just always assumed Jansson was, as you say.

I redact any devil's advocating of your original statement. But for clarity, I do still think he's going to play ? 

10 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Trying to work out where abouts that tattoo is on his/her body. Being from Leeds it’s possible that’s the side of someone head 

Looks like side of neck below the ear ..............MUPPET!!

Archived