Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Went onto Waccoe (their main forum) and just as on Twitter (read those Phil Hay/Tom Lawrence threads) they're all mad as a box of frogs. It's seriously a bit frightening how crazed so many of them are. And they're so paranoid that I'm now banned from Waccoe despite not even posting!!!

Im a bit thick, but why do they call themselves champions of Europe? 

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Baffling. For those who don't know, the Waccoe forum stands for "we are the champions, champions of Europe"., which of course they never have been. As I said, mad as a box of frogs.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Baffling. For those who don't know, the Waccoe forum stands for "we are champions, champions of Europe"., which of course they never have been. As I said, mad as a box of frogs.

Took the “the” out Carl, just went and had a look myself, fancied making a little mischief but decided against it. 

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Took the “the” out Carl, just went and had a look myself, fancied making a little mischief but decided against it. 

Does removing the "the" mean they're permanently champions of Europe? Or just Wacko?

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

They are definitely champions but at what is open to debate which most of the footballing world have an opinion on ?

Tickets brought, me and the daughter going. I’m a proper half fan these days ? I can’t get to many games, as much as I’d like to. But I couldn’t pass up the chance to take my daughter to a play off game against dirty Leeds. It’s gonna be special.

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Baffling. For those who don't know, the Waccoe forum stands for "we are the champions, champions of Europe"., which of course they never have been. As I said, mad as a box of frogs.

It's because they believe they were cheated out of the 1975 European Cup final by Bayern Munich (Leeds thinking there's a conspiracy against them? Surely not!). In truth, there were some dodgy decisions in that final, but being as they managed to end the game with 11 men when two Bayern players suffered serious longterm injuries from their fouls, one of which being career ending, I imagine the ref was just rubbish rather than paid off.

I watched VEEP last night and as you can see Selina Meyer aka VEEP was wearing an LUFC hoodie, evidently Leeds had been bought by a fictitious dodgy East European dictator (see twitter posts), this could be a good sign as everything she touches turns to cr*p

2 hours ago, JfR said:

It's because they believe they were cheated out of the 1975 European Cup final by Bayern Munich (Leeds thinking there's a conspiracy against them? Surely not!). In truth, there were some dodgy decisions in that final, but being as they managed to end the game with 11 men when two Bayern players suffered serious longterm injuries from their fouls, one of which being career ending, I imagine the ref was just rubbish rather than paid off.

And that was in an era when Germany (west) regularly caned England as the football was just miles technically superior.....but no, clearly that didn't apply to Leeds. They were great and the ref was bought.

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

And that was in an era when Germany (west) regularly caned England as the football was just miles technically superior.....but no, clearly that didn't apply to Leeds. They were great and the ref was bought.

Leeds conveniently forget their fans rioted during and after the game and there was at least one fatality.

12 hours ago, JfR said:

By that logic we could also claim the same, given that the match fixing against us in the European Cup semi was actually proven years later was it not?

Match-fixing a European Cup semi-final. Wouldnt happen these days would it? ?

Just had a nosey on waccoe and majority are predicting a Derby win on Saturday.....

"3 - 0 to Derby. Mount, Lawrence & Tomori with the goals while Berardi to get a red card.

The defeat will be followed by a string of posts predicting us to win 4-3 on aggregate by the same people who previously said "Norwich are mid-table at best", "still top of the table" when we started stuttering and that "Sheffield United can't sustain this run."

We'll play out of our skin in the second leg, score an early goal and then score a second around the 60 minute mark. Don Goodman will insist the goal should not have counted as one of our players was offside, even though replays will suggest otherwise.

Waghorn will get one back for them while we commit men forward and will be joined by his teammates in doing the "binocular" celebration. We'll lose 4-2 on aggregate and the entire Sky contingent will wax eloquent over how Lampard taught Bielsa a lesson and that Derby's win represents a win for fair play.  

Can't wait. 

Edited 2  hours ago " 

????

Archived