Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I hate to come across as an old fart but I hate it when our fans refer to our manager as Fat Frank, I think it’s disrespectful and uncalled for. 

As you were. 

I'd love to be that fat!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following on from their campaign to have Lawrence banned despite there being blatant contact, if you search the #lufc on twitter you can find Leeds fans now moaning in their droves that two of the match officials from Saturday are from Manchester and Sheffield - part of the long running worldwide conspiracy against them. 

The delusion levels at that club are genuinely staggering. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Following on from their campaign to have Lawrence banned despite there being blatant contact, if you search the #lufc on twitter you can find Leeds fans now moaning in their droves that two of the match officials from Saturday are from Manchester and Sheffield - part of the long running worldwide conspiracy against them. 

The delusion levels at that club are genuinely staggering. 

I can understand the Sheffield thing ( a bit like us and Nottingham) but I can't for the life of me work out what rivalry they imagine they have with the Manchester teams? 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can understand the Sheffield thing ( a bit like us and Nottingham) but I can't for the life of me work out what rivalry they imagine they have with the Manchester teams? 

You must know of the history between them and Man United? Leeds despise them more than they do any other team. They sing about the day they beat them in the FA Cup and also have a chant called 'shoes off if you hate Man U'. Embarrassing, I know.

I don't think United are as fussed as they are. Just like Leeds aren't that fussed about us.

17 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You must know of the history between them and Man United? Leeds despise them more than they do any other team. They sing about the day they beat them in the FA Cup and also have a chant called 'shoes off if you hate Man U'. Embarrassing, I know.

I don't think United are as fussed as they are. Just like Leeds aren't that fussed about us.

No, I  didn't know any of that. 

I  also think a lot of Leeds fans are pretty fussed about us. Maybe it's just the older ones! ?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, I  didn't know any of that. 

I  also think a lot of Leeds fans are pretty fussed about us. Maybe it's just the older ones! ?

Here you go, it goes right back to the Wars of the Roses!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_F.C.–Manchester_United_F.C._rivalry

You're probably right. I just think we hate them more than they hate us. 

P.S. Apologies for saying 'you must know of the history'. Looking back, it might have come across as condescending. I have huge respect for you, no matter how much we disagree about profanity, drinking and many other things!

Of course we’re going to win it’s all part of the anti Leeds conspiwacy.

The EFL desperately need Leeds in the Champ so they can suck them dry, as Leeds are the only club with any fans. They also love Fat Frank and  want to do him a favour at Leeds expense .

Oh and the EFL are racist because they didn’t ban Tom Lawrence!

So it’ll be 88-0 to Derby!

Wheres my nappy and hankie? I’m off to the Leeds twitter circle jerk!

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

It may be me being very pessimistic  but i cant believe Bielsa has lost control or Leeds are in such bad form that we will overwhelm them.

They seemed a team build to beat us and they cover so much ground which we just cant compete with. 

Going to take some effort to come through this.

A very specific trait of Bielsa teams is that they burn out. Three training sessions a day soon adds up. 

That being said, second wind for one last push wouldn’t be a surprise.

49 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Not helped when Cantona moved from Leeds to Man U. At the time it would have been like Will Hughes going to Forest.

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Here you go, it goes right back to the Wars of the Roses!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_F.C.–Manchester_United_F.C._rivalry

You're probably right. I just think we hate them more than they hate us. 

P.S. Apologies for saying 'you must know of the history'. Looking back, it might have come across as condescending. I have huge respect for you, no matter how much we disagree about profanity, drinking and many other things!

There's some very subtle put downs of Leeds in that article - I  like it! 

You do know that I like a drink, don't you? 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I think the Leeds team that thumped us 4-1 will show up. However, I think we're less tame and more confident now and will make a proper game of it.

On top of the point already made that we’ll be putting out half a different team to either of this season’s two games - they’ll be missing Saiz from the 4-1. 

He ran the show that day. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

On top of the point already made that we’ll be putting out half a different team to either of this season’s two games - they’ll be missing Saiz from the 4-1. 

He ran the show that day. 

They also wont have alioski for either leg or bamford for 1st leg.... I stand by my original thought that while it might be a tough game to play....that we will win comfortably

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Angie I grew up on the red side of Manchester. Deep down it’s worse than Liverpool or City. Wars of the roses maybe ? but I went to the cup semi at Hilsborough in the 70’s ... Leeds fans chanting “Munich 58 - Munich Munich 58” 

joe Jordan and Gordon McQuenn defecting didn’t help either and then there was the huge Busby / Revie thing 

All I know, as a closet United fan, is that it’s in the  DNA and it’s not nice 

Liverpool is rivalry for all time top dog, City is local and partisan but Leeds is another level entirely 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

??? think someone is going to be getting a cover up in 2 weeks time when they dont even get to the final......

71704747a410dae846c1fece4974e46654caae7aba7dabf14cdbcfcde7bfebe1828fda86.jpg

Another tattoo spelt wrong,  its whiners not winners.

35 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

??? think someone is going to be getting a cover up in 2 weeks time when they dont even get to the final......

I can't help but wonder if this is the bloke that does their Matchday PA announcements!   

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Some of your scorelines are inaccurate 

Taken straight from another forum..... also, brand new member with only posts being this one and one saying that there are plenty of Leeds fans with tickets in our home end.... ?????? not doing a good job of disguising themselves 

44 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

I’ve promised to get a Richard Keogh tattoo on my arse if we go up. Last year was Cameron Jerome but Gary Rowett made sure that didn’t happen.

Archived