Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

I am not nervous now.

If we had lost today, the season would have to be considered a failure. Whatever happens now we are on par or above with our real capability.

First 2 games are a “free hit” against a team proven better over 46 games. If we don’t get through it there will be no shame. Let’s see how it pans out.

Squeaky bum time does not kick in for me until we have to buy the Wembley tickets. Just going to enjoy the Leeds ties.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Very positive, are you feeling ok mate? ?

You’ve caught me at my weakest

5 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I am not nervous now.

If we had lost today, the season would have to be considered a failure. Whatever happens now we are on par or above with our real capability.

First 2 games are a “free hit” against a team proven better over 46 games. If we don’t get through it there will be no shame. Let’s see how it pans out.

Squeaky bum time does not kick in for me until we have to buy the Wembley tickets. Just going to enjoy the Leeds ties.

Spot on. My sentiments exactly. I hope the players go into it with this mentality and play with the freedom that brings out their obvious qualities. 

14 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I am not nervous now.

Agree with everything except I don't think it would have been considered a failure if we'd lost.

These boys are ravenous. We are a team transformed.

We have a great chance but the home leg will be critical. Win it and win well and who knows where it could take us.

In most people’s eyes, we’re the underdogs, so really we can just go out and play. It’s a free hit.

Provided we show more bravery and ambition than we did under Rowett at this stage last season, I think we can come away with plenty of optimism for next season.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Leeds are in dire form, we need to aim for at least a two goal lead because going to ******* road will be tough. Not getting the second goal against Fulham in last year’s play offs and settling for the one goal cost us. We really need to go for it, if we get the first goal then Leeds could collapse and then we need to really go at them because they are mentally fragile 

Sorry but I just had to adjust your spelling mistake.......it is correct and true now!

Damn 

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Reckon we have a decent chance... we are the in form team our of the two of us!

Burrow are top of last 6 form guide with us second. Burrow not involved in another 2 or 3 games. 

Although they won both league games comfortably, I think this is a real opportunity for us. Leeds are a shambles at the minute - they've blown the auto spot they thought was theirs & look all over the place mentally. Missed penalties, ridiculous defensive lapses, Jansson arguing with Bielsa last weekend, Bamford banned - this lot are here for the taking.

The home leg is critical - I think we need at least a two goal cushion going there & in their current state, I don't think that's unrealistic. Really important we get the first goal & don't allow them to grow into the tie.

On a personal level, I will be relishing the 'bantz' with the yokels at work - pressure's all on them. If we get to Wembley, I'll be getting some 'Leeds Utd - Champions 2018/19' mugs and t-shirts commissioned ?

47 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

Should make it our song going into the playoffs.  Ajax fans use it. ?

Yeah.  seen a few of these.  sound fantastic, but we really need to stop nicking other teams songs!  We'll end up with an injunction out on us if we don't come up with something original soon!  LOL!

Lots of talk about the home leg being vital, it’s important but we have to be still well in the tie for the second leg - what we now have   Is confidence and goals throughout the team unlike when it was wilson and no one. We are very dangerous opponents 

Archived