Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to bucket boy both Tyler Roberts is ruled out and Pontus Jansson is a doubt. https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-hit-by-pontus-jansson-injury-concern-with-tyler-roberts-ruled-out-of-Derby-county-clash-1-9758469

I would take both claims with the most massive piece of salt. I wouldn't trust Bielsa as far as I can throw him and he's the fat manager in this equation, so that's not very far at all.

18 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’m going to say something which people won’t like.

Nuge has got a massive part to play in this,off the bench around the squad getting up Leeds noses...we need him around.

I’m considering offering a @Steve How Hard?esque forfeit if he comes on and scores.

im with you there mate , im a big Nuge fan , people moan about his finishing but if you take into account his all round game then Nuge has got a big part to play in the next 2 games at least

I just read that Leeds are being considered as the underdogs in tomorrow’s match and, given current form, I agree.

I can’t fathom why the odds on winning the playoffs are:-

Leeds United 2-1

Villa 2-1

WBA 4-1

Rams 9-2

I expect us to come out on top against the cheats, hopefully put up a good show against the Villa but I wouldn’t back Leeds into a brick wall at those odds.

PS just one reason I don’t gamble!?

From BBC sport website "Derby County duo Martyn Waghorn and Duane Holmes are both doubts for the first leg of their Championship play-off semi-final with Leeds United. Waghorn picked up an Achilles injury in the win over West Brom and Holmes has been struggling with a thigh strain"

Both will be a huge miss but especially baby Duane if true for the home leg, I thought he was immense on Sunday. I know that some think Nuge has a big part to play over the next however many weeks, but him starting tomorrow ?

5 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

From BBC sport website "Derby County duo Martyn Waghorn and Duane Holmes are both doubts for the first leg of their Championship play-off semi-final with Leeds United. Waghorn picked up an Achilles injury in the win over West Brom and Holmes has been struggling with a thigh strain"

Both will be a huge miss but especially baby Duane if true for the home leg, I thought he was immense on Sunday. I know that some think Nuge has a big part to play over the next however many weeks, but him starting tomorrow ?

Frank said in his pre-match press conference that both had picked up injuries but he's waiting until the last minute to decide. He also said that, not only is he thinking about their fitness for Saturday, he's conscious about the second leg also.

44 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Mind games for me. Fully expect Waghorn to be in that starting XI. As with Jansson on their side, expect him to play also. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Frank said in his pre-match press conference that both had picked up injuries but he's waiting until the last minute to decide. He also said that, not only is he thinking about their fitness for Saturday, he's conscious about the second leg also.

Holmes is on the RamsTV video of training but no sign of Waghorn.  Could be mind games and guess we won’t know for sure until 16.15 tomorrow.  Ironic that we’ve put a video of us training on the website saving Leeds the bother of spying ?. Maybe deliberately kept Waggy out of shot ?

2 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Mind games for me. Fully expect Waghorn to be in that starting XI. As with Jansson on their side, expect him to play also. 

So was bringing him off before half time against West Brom part of the mind games then ?

On 08/05/2019 at 20:35, Shorty389 said:

??? think someone is going to be getting a cover up in 2 weeks time when they dont even get to the final......

Probably not he didn't get his England 2018 World Cup winners tatoo covered up. He has no shame, getting himself in the local the paper. Even the Leeds fans think he's a tool.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-fan-gets-playoff-winners-2019-tattooed-on-himself-ahead-of-Derby-county-clash-1-9761920

5 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Probably not he didn't get his England 2018 World Cup winners tatoo covered up. He has no shame, getting himself in the local the paper. Even the Leeds fans think he's a tool.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-fan-gets-playoff-winners-2019-tattooed-on-himself-ahead-of-Derby-county-clash-1-9761920

I hope he is ready for 2/3 hours stood outside PP.... "While he doesn't have a ticket, Richardson plans to travel down to Pride Park to watch the first leg with fellow Leeds fans on Saturday. (kick off 5.15pm)"

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So was bringing him off before half time against West Brom part of the mind games then ?

I thought at the time, it was if the cameras where made to focus on the boot.

If it keeps them guessing hey!

Archived