Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Gutted there is no Waghorn,just dont get the Nugent selection at all,out of all the players against WBA he was so poor

Rather of seen Lawrence down the middle with Bennett starting,that said its obvious Marriott is well down the pecking order if he cant get in front of Nugent 

This is bad news

I'm no tactician but I suspect the instruction is for Nugent to run himself ragged for 50-60 minutes creating the spaces for Mount, Wilson, and Lawrence to exploit.

One thing you can say about Nugent is that he knows how to follow instructions and is unselfish.

1 minute ago, ck- said:

I'm no tactician but I suspect the instruction is for Nugent to run himself ragged for 50-60 minutes creating the spaces for Mount, Wilson, and Lawrence to exploit.

One thing you can say about Nugent is that he knows how to follow instructions and is unselfish.

He also should know by now to pass it to virtually anybody else - rather than to shoot. Well, unless the ball is literally on the goal line... 

19 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Gutted there is no Waghorn,just dont get the Nugent selection at all,out of all the players against WBA he was so poor

Rather of seen Lawrence down the middle with Bennett starting,that said its obvious Marriott is well down the pecking order if he cant get in front of Nugent 

This is bad news

Thinking the same , just hope proved wrong?

2 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

He also should know by now to pass it to virtually anybody else - rather than to shoot. Well, unless the ball is literally on the goal line... 

His England goal ?

I am glad that Nuge is playing. It would have been the last thing Bielsa would have expected.

Not expecting him to score, but Nugent is still a very tidy player who can help knit things together. More important today that Mount, Lawrence and Wilson are on the front foot. 

I'm watching ESPN+, even though the commentary is pretty basic, it harbors no bias.

Although they did just mistakenly say that Nugent has just one goal this season. Not that the truth improves the sentiment too much ? 

Malone tries to chest it back to Roos, but he has no flesh to soften the impact onto his ribs and it fires behind for a corner.

Archived