Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope Waghorn can play as I think he could be pivotal, my Leeds mates ,( yes mates!! lol ) say they would be pleased if he didn't

I haven't read through posts but did Lampard say there's a chance he could play ?

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

Really hope Waghorn can play as I think he could be pivotal, my Leeds mates ,( yes mates!! lol ) say they would be pleased if he didn't

I haven't read through posts but did Lampard say there's a chance he could play ?

He's kept quite uncommitted in answering it, saying he'll have to wait and see. It serves us better to keep Leeds guessing on his fitness, so I'm hoping he's fine and Lampard's just playing coy on the matter for strategic purposes.

Ok massive day tomorrow. I've set my alarm for 5am. I'm going to start drinking at 5.10. I have as bottle of the sainsburys own brand version of Baileys to get me through the first couple of hours then I'm on the beers. I reckon 12/16 bottles of Moretti should get me well on my way to about 3pm at which point I'm going to eat a pork pie and open a bottle or shiraz. All being well I'll be asleep by 5pm and I'll see you buggers in the morning to fill me in on what happened.

COYR!!! 

Jesus Christ, dunno how I’m gonna make it through tomorrow till a late ko with these nerves. This is everything, all or nothing now. This is what the season boils down too, everything rides on this. God knows how hard it is as a player but as just a fan I’m utterly bricking it. At this point in the season, literally anything can happen. No way of predicting anything now, we just have to go out and give everything to get the win, and make sure this is the year we FINALLY bloody manage to win the bloody playoffs! 

Im sure we’re all more than acutely aware of how good a side Bielsas leeds are after they dicked us twice this season. Let’s make sure this time, we’re the ones giving not receiving the battering! Leeds have had a bit of a wobble recently after dropping out the autos and we absolutely need to make sure we take advantage of any negative mindset they may have because of that as soon as possible, an early goal for us could be vital, get them worried and get them to start making mistakes. Absolutely can’t hand them confidence back by doing our stupid slow start thing that’s been a common recurrence this season, our only hope is to take advantage of their slight dip in form straight away, because if we hand them any confidence back, with the ability they’ve already displayed against us this season, we could be in serious trouble.

Need to have our pressing game spot on, don’t allow them any time on the ball, close down as a unit not as individuals and force them into panicking and making mistakes, don’t let them play their game. Defending will need to be MUCH improved from our previous games against them. Can’t just let them cut straight through us time and time again like they have done before, we need to have that strong defensive shield in the right place at the right times all game. Absolutely vital that Johnson doesn’t leave the back 4 exposed, needs to focus on his defensive duties in the main. Need to make sure our marking is absolutely watertight as well, particulary from corners, set pieces, crosses etc, you know damn well they’ll be trying to expose our weakness there, we need to be aware of that. Don’t want to see anyone in a leeds getting any free time on the ball, cause with the quality they have, they’ll hurt us. Get close and stop them. Want to see absolute 100% commitment from the team, no shying out of challenges (Wilson?), want to see full on aggression and fight, put everything into this game and battle for everything, leave nothing on the pitch cause this is it, the big one. Get at them from minute one and don’t stop until the final whistle, let’s beat these cheating bar stewards!

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Johnson 

Mount Holmes

Wilson Marriott Lawrence 

Dont see too much need to make many changes after our excellent performance last week, need to try and keep that team together, but if Waghorn is out then it has to be Marriott for me, he’s a threat, Nugent isn’t. The far better player without doubt of the two.

This is it then, everything rides on this.... COYRRRRRRRRRRR

Mason Bennett to start at centre forward if, as seems likely, Waggy is injured. 

Marriott isn't going to hold the ball up well enough, Nuge can't do 90 minutes.

Bizzle can bring the power, pace and appetite. He's fresh, he's confident, he's ready, he's one of our own.

Holmes I'm guessing will be fit. Hope so, because we need as much running power as possible in there.

I make us second favourites in honesty, but it'll be a damn sight closer than the previous two games.

COYR.

If Waghorn isn't fit, I want our best chance of scoring on the pitch. For me, that's Marriott. 

We must take a lead to the second leg. Nugent can't score in a brothel, and for all the brilliant cameos of Mason, as a starter, he doesn't look like someone I'd fancy winning us the game. Much better option from the bench.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Ok massive day tomorrow. I've set my alarm for 5am. I'm going to start drinking at 5.10. I have as bottle of the sainsburys own brand version of Baileys to get me through the first couple of hours then I'm on the beers. I reckon 12/16 bottles of Moretti should get me well on my way to about 3pm at which point I'm going to eat a pork pie and open a bottle or shiraz. All being well I'll be asleep by 5pm and I'll see you buggers in the morning to fill me in on what happened.

COYR!!! 

I like your style !!

50 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Butterflies this morning ?

Your just hungry. Treat yourself to a fry up. The full works, stick some haggis on it. Wash it down with a Whiskey.

Get on your favourite beer. Start some light singing and pace yourself and be ready to sing like Mick Jones from 5pm for at least 2 hours when it's all about Togetherness - Desire - Passion before you go out celebrating all night long with a Frank Lampard smile on your face.

Negativity, Butterflies, Nerves, are not allowed anywhere near Pride Park today or in the away end at Elland Road on Wednesday.

Don't be part of the problem, when you can be part of the solution.

Enjoy yourself, have fun and we will all be winners together.

56 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Butterflies this morning ?

Your just hungry. Treat yourself to a fry up. The full works, stick some haggis on it. Wash it down with a Whiskey.

Get on your favourite beer. Start some light singing and pace yourself and be ready to sing like Mick Jones from 5pm for at least 2 hours when it's all about Togetherness - Desire - Passion before you go out celebrating all night long with a Frank Lampard smile on your face.

Negativity, Butterflies, Nerves, are not allowed anywhere near Pride Park today or in the away end at Elland Road on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I’m at work till 12:30...fry up at break time sounds a good idea, the whiskey will have to wait ?

Sun's out. Looks like being a great day. I'm feeling confident that we'll put on a good performance today. Since the Blackburn defeat there has been a change. We have gone from being 11 players on the pitch to a TEAM of 11 players. Everyone seems to be on the same 'wavelength' and 100% working for each other.

Can't be there today so will be shouting from my armchair. COYR!

Archived