Jack Marriott

i-Ram

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic case of out of form striker gets a slice of luck for 1st goal, then it all comes flooding back! 

Remember Crouch at Liverpool, couldn't buy a goal until a complete fluke deflection (actually got given as own goal later) and he scored again not long later 

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I might be reading too much into it but in his post-match didn't FL have a little pop at Jack regarding work rate etc.?

I didn't quite see it that way, but I get where you're coming from. I think it's more a case of if he just does what he's good at and tries, that's not enough for Frank because the team needs him to do more of the things that aren't his natural game.

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I might be reading too much into it but in his post-match didn't FL have a little pop at Jack regarding work rate etc.?

I noticed it, but I’m not sure I’d say it was a “pop” necessarily.

He’s obviously been disappointed with Jack in training, and perhaps Jack hasn’t been putting in the effort that is expected of him, we don’t know.

But I like the way he’s kind of expressed that he’s pleased with his contribution on the night (obviously), and set that as a marker of how good he could be if he wants. It was more of a challenge I’d say, so let’s hope JM can rise to it.

Archived