Jack Marriott

i-Ram

Been on twitter that there's a payment clause with Peterborough where if he starts/scores more we need to stump up more money which would put us in FFP trouble.

No idea if it's BS, but I'm sure the Peterborough chairman had said on twitter ages ago he'd get a shed load if Marriott got top scorer.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Been on twitter that there's a payment clause with Peterborough where if he starts/scores more we need to stump up more money which would put us in FFP trouble.

No idea if it's BS, but I'm sure the Peterborough chairman had said on twitter ages ago he'd get a shed load if Marriott got top scorer.

Doubt it

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Saw someone share on fb earlier a tweet of MacAnthony rubbishing the clause and attitude claims (saying he was one of the most dilligent at P'boro...)

Did see the other day it alleged that apparently Marriott phoned in sick to training one day, only to be spotted at a golf course later on which was the initial cause; not sure if this has been debunked already though?

One thing is for sure is at the beginning of the season the manager didn’t think he was ready to play for the first few months and for the last 3 months the manager didn’t think he was fit enough to start games, why - well we don’t know but we have to trust the manager who has backed an 18 year old at right back all season 

Darragh MacAnthony is an absolute gobshite. Marriott is no longer a Peterborough player and MacAnthony really isn't helping matters by chiming in every 5 minutes on matters that are none of his concern. He's now even offering to buy Jack back from us, the daft ***t. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The good old 11 goal clause.

Pretty standard in contract these days I believe, along with the 27 appearance and 8 assists clause.

God knows how I survived before Twitter.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Probably is BS otherwise why use up a place on the bench if there was zero chance of Marriott playing.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Darragh MacAnthony is an absolute gobshite. Marriott is no longer a Peterborough player and MacAnthony really isn't helping matters by chiming in every 5 minutes on matters that are none of his concern. He's now even offering to buy Jack back from us, the daft ***t. 

Can have him back for 12 mill

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who is the poorer here for Marriott not playing? We've seen how well he can play (hold-up play too) and score, maybe the manager can't get the best out of him then? Vydra-esque?!

Might just be a secret weapon for Tommorow and the final ,unleashed and hungry as feck

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Probably is BS otherwise why use up a place on the bench if there was zero chance of Marriott playing.

The post from RAW suggested starts/scores.  Guess there's a difference between starting and coming off the bench......but of course, it could all be horse manure.

31 minutes ago, RedSox said:

The post from RAW suggested starts/scores.  Guess there's a difference between starting and coming off the bench......but of course, it ALL IS horse manure.

FTFY.

Anyone who thinks this club would risk the prize of promotion because of a potential clause is mad.

I'm sure the money from the play offs was not budgeted for so, unless it is a huge bonus which wipes out this, plus the profit on selling the ground, I think it's pretty safe to assume it's not true.

From what MacAnthony has advised Derby go up, they get a fat cheque .    Think the rest is all grassy knoll.   He seems more interested in flogging ticket's to the Craig David concert at Poshs ground as it's on his twitter every two second's.   Think he overestimated his popularity in Peterborough.  Hopefully we can make up the shortfall at Wembley .

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

From what MacAnthony has advised Derby go up, they get a fat cheque .    Think the rest is all grassy knoll.   He seems more interested in flogging ticket's to the Craig David concert at Poshs ground as it's on his twitter every two second's.   

Craig David tickets available are they?

l could go if it was a Monday
But l am having a drink on Tuesday
Hoping to make love on Wednesday
Getting my breath back on Thursday and Friday and Saturday 
and just planning to chill come Sunday.

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Craig David tickets available are they?

l could go if it was a Monday
But l am having a drink on Tuesday
Hoping to make love on Wednesday
Getting my breath back on Thursday and Friday and Saturday 
and just planning to chill come Sunday.

Cautionary tale there people, just in case your missus asks midweek for you to 'Fill me in'.

On 07/04/2019 at 09:12, i-Ram said:

I like a good conspiracy thread? Anybody got any idea why Jack wasn’t on the bench yesterday? @REDCAR alluded to the fact he had a hissy fit in the predictions league.  I do hope the outcome here is not that Frank thinks Mason Bennett has more to offer upfront.

Apparently he does. Time will tell then.

Archived