Jack Marriott

i-Ram

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Darrach's not a fan of Derby or Frank, by the look of it.

Sounds like he's just pissed off that we decided to sideline Marriott. I would be too if I stood to earn £75k a goal!

I seriously hope that Jack wasn't left out becasue his goals were costing us too much.

32 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Sounds like he's just pissed off that we decided to sideline Marriott. I would be too if I stood to earn £75k a goal!

I seriously hope that Jack wasn't left out becasue his goals were costing us too much.

This article has a quote from Lampard suggesting it's an issue with his fitness levels above anything else. It was probably the same reason Waghorn didn't start too considering he had just come back from injury,

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A little birdie tells me that his days at the club are numbered as in training he is below par, for me you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Not so , I happen to know he is quite chipper 

Don’t understand the 75k bit Is that for every goal Jack scores  or for every goal above a certain number  ? And If so is this a normal clause  to have in a contract these days ?  Another question  does it carry on for the rest of Jacks contract just seems to me (with FFP in mind)  a lot of money to  pay per goal

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

This article has a quote from Lampard suggesting it's an issue with his fitness levels above anything else. It was probably the same reason Waghorn didn't start too considering he had just come back from injury,

He did look quite pink and breathless after playing basically half the game against Leeds. 

Reminded me of when Rooney cam came into the England side at euro 2012 having been suspended and it emerged he'd been on a family holiday instead of to the training camp.

You have to be completely single minded to maintain peak fitness. 

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

He did look quite pink and breathless after playing basically half the game against Leeds. 

Reminded me of when Rooney cam came into the England side at euro 2012 having been suspended and it emerged he'd been on a family holiday instead of to the training camp.

You have to be completely single minded to maintain peak fitness. 

Or you have to play games to get match fit?

22 minutes ago, eve1112 said:

Don’t understand the 75k bit Is that for every goal Jack scores  or for every goal above a certain number  ? And If so is this a normal clause  to have in a contract these days ?  Another question  does it carry on for the rest of Jacks contract just seems to me (with FFP in mind)  a lot of money to  pay per goal

Ever wondered why most transfers are ‘undisclosed’? It’s because they’re made up of these kind of clauses. Could be every goal/game up to a certain point, when he makes a goal/appearance landmark, etc... very common in today’s game. 

It seems the £75k is for reaching 10 league goals. 

Archived