Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I'll happily blow my cover and admit that it was me. Here's what I said in full....

bbc.JPG

Well said Ben.

A lot of people on here are directing their anger and displeasure towards Frank, when really it's the media - BBC's Laura in this case - are far more deserving of their anger.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

@GenBr Won the pool of what page Frank leaves.

He was only 109 pages off with his guess of 313. 50 more pages and @jimbo jones would have been in with a shout with his guess of 584.

So, I assume that means @cosmic owes Gen a car. Or at least a Washer and Dryer. I'm sure that's how this stuff works.

I knew I should have gone 484

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Obviously the main negative of this whole thing was just how long it took. We'll never know just how necessary it was for it to take this long, but I'm glad Jody has addressed the silence and made a point of saying it was out of respect and not disrespect. Jody seems like an extremely and genuine guy so I'm happy to take his word for it.

I still think we've come out of this the best though. We're the ones who have been more open to the fans and the media, even when I feel there has been disrespect towards us in this whole scenario. It made me laugh yesterday watching Sky Sports when they were discussing Wilfred Zaha to Arsenal. One of the presenters made a point of stressing that they need to be respectful towards Crystal Palace and stop talking about Zaha as if he's already an Arsenal player to which the rest of the studio agreed. I don't remember any mention of that towards us and Chelsea?

Yet still, Mel Morris has been willing to speak to the media and not only that, but speak so well. I had doubts early in his reign but I feel as an owner he's improved and learnt so much over the last couple years regarding decisions made both behind the scenes and in the public eye. We feel like a better-run club, more patient and with more of a plan. I think it's a huge credit to him that we seem to be coming out of this almost unaffected. We've lost a manager that the majority of fans loved, and for a lot of clubs there would almost certainly be a bit of turmoil in response to that. But we've used this time to bring in another exciting appointment, with a great CV, and someone who can almost make it seem like Frank never even left and that's exactly what we need with the season just a month away.

The Zaha comment spot on! Was on that one like a ton of bricks. Thought what a bunch of planks, where was our respect. 

Just been told by a source that I trust, that Frank was really torn about going and has assured Mel that the route to loaning Chelsea youngsters is very much still open as he thinks it's a great environment for them (should teh new manager want this of course)

9 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Just been told by a source that I trust, that Frank was really torn about going and has assured Mel that the route to loaning Chelsea youngsters is very much still open as he thinks it's a great environment for them (should teh new manager want this of course)

Good to hear that.  It's something I wondered about, whether as part of the closed doors negotiations that Frank made a gentleman's agreement to offer loan opportunities as a thank you for jumping at the first opportunity. Whether it comes to fruition, or fits with Cocu's plans remains to be seen. 

Done and dusted, Think Frank and Jodie did a great job for us and we've had a memorable season with them.Think / hopefully we have come out of this saga very well,both financially and with a highly regarded new manager.

Frank will no doubt become an excellent manager but is still in a learning curve , whilst hopefully Cocu will prove to more astute and take the club one step further with Regards recruitment,technical ability,youth and senior player development. So very happy with the situation if Cocu and his staff can meet expectations.

All good stuff ,No hard feeling towards Fl  and Jodie from me, just exciting times to be a Ram.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

loose women on itv .  There singing Frankies coming home and looking forward to tickets for next season .  Any Chelsea fans watching on here make sure you get it on catch up . Sounds awful but perhaps you could have them as cheerleaders for Franks big arrival . No 'should I stay or should I go '  today .  Don't know which is worse .

throw up team america GIF

Do any Chelsea fans actually live in London . I assume everyone in the ground on match days has entry as part of a travel package .

Anyway -Love this I've just seen posted

Remember what EH once said about this man: “I remember my very first training session with Chelsea. We had a break and Frank said: ‘Can I get you a drink?’ Incredible. As the new guy I felt like I should’ve been the one to be getting Frank water. But that is what he’s like.

.  Man offers to get another man free glass of water as he's getting one shocker.  Surely with this kind of tactical diplomacy he should be head of the UN, not Chelseas latest cannon fodder.

Great last season, and he could of made a real name for himself in the folklore of Derby County. Unfortunately for Frank now it’ll just be “oh yeah remember that season he managed us, he was alright wasn’t he”....could of been so much more Frank, so much more. Your loss I’m afraid, onwards and upwards with the next one COYRs!!!! 

Well folks, it's done and dusted. Just wanted to pop in here one more time and say goodbye and thanks for letting a Chelsea boy join in from time to time and to wish you luck for next season.

With any luck we might be playing each other soon. Let's just hope it's not in League 2.

So long folks and good luck.

Archived