Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, tricky that it's Chelsea. Never really liked them after a load of poo going down with them at the BBG. But I'm not sure how long he'll last there with Brammy. Although I think he'll do better with 'higher level' players...

Reality is that Lampard is Chelsea's new 'soon to be former' manager. 

It has been referred to a little but the facts are that Frank took DCFC from 6th to 6th, albeit with less points and an inferior goal ratio.I really do not see star material in his record as a manager. It may even be that DCFC have been somewhat held back. I see no need for sorrow, nothing lost and every possibility of improvement going forward. All DCFC have lost is a big name and a circus act, there is no evidence of anything else missing. Are DCFC dependent on circus act big names ? That's the way it looked towards the end of the season, the club was fast becoming the Fat Frank show. That won't happen next season.

37 minutes ago, Rambamgnightmam said:

It has been referred to a little but the facts are that Frank took DCFC from 6th to 6th, ...

Or looked at another way.... He kept them in 6th, while reducing the average age by introducing academy players, changing the style of play and bringing back a real feelgood factor and bond between supporters and the club.

Big success for a first season!

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Or looked at another way.... He kept them in 6th, while reducing the average age by introducing academy players, changing the style of play and bringing back a real feelgood factor and bond between supporters and the club.

Big success for a first season!

Or another way.......we introduced three quality loans who are worth minimum of 25(mount) 20(Wilson) and 10(tomori) and failed to get close to autos.

And the Vydra money was spent on Marriott, waghorn.

In addition we had Malone, Holmes and Bryson in squad.

Bogle matured into a £10m attacking full back.  

With that squad Rowett would have got us to a minimum of 6th. ( Not that I'd want Rowett )

It is 100% clear Fat Frank's record was not sufficient to see him deserve a top job.  He is a convenient shoo in for Chelsea for next 12monhts. Nothing more nothing less. 

2 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Or another way.......we introduced three quality loans who are worth minimum of 25(mount) 20(Wilson) and 10(tomori) and failed to get close to autos.

With that squad Rowett would have got us to a minimum of 6th. ( Not that I'd want Rowett )

I disagree - Rowett wouldn't have know what to do with half of those players

Mount plays great possession football and would have been bypassed by Rowett - Remember this is the guy who actively didn't know what to do with Hughes

Holmes wouldn't have got a sniff under Rowett - Too small and too focused on running with the ball - He'd have been a winger only in pecking order (possibly) behind Lawrence and Wilson

53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I disagree - Rowett wouldn't have know what to do with half of those players

Mount plays great possession football and would have been bypassed by Rowett - Remember this is the guy who actively didn't know what to do with Hughes

Holmes wouldn't have got a sniff under Rowett - Too small and too focused on running with the ball - He'd have been a winger only in pecking order (possibly) behind Lawrence and Wilson

Had rowett stated we'd have bought in rowett like players.

can you kick it? Yes you can!

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Had rowett stated we'd have bought in rowett like players.

can you kick it? Yes you can!

"Right lads, we've got this loanee from Chelsea who's been playing first team football in the Eredivisie and will probably play for England soon - We've also got a tricksy, ball playing, hard running speedy chap alongside in in CM - So what we're gonna do is give the ball to Tom Huddlestone and get him to hoof it forward as quickly as possible"

"Cool, thanks Gary"

At least he would have loved Tomori - Lovely long ball on him

On 05/07/2019 at 08:26, Igorlegend11 said:

It is 100% clear Fat Frank's record was not sufficient to see him deserve a top job.  He is a convenient shoo in for Chelsea for next 12monhts. Nothing more nothing less. 

Exactly and Fat Frank took the cosy self serving option, left a whole set of problems that are of his making, someone thinks he'll be back ? Keep running Frank, you sucked all you're gonna suck out of DCFC

Archived