Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Not denying the feel good factor thing at all,  but if you want to talk about disrespect, I'd say buggering off after 14 months is quite disrespectful.

If there was one job he was always going to go for it was that job, and I can’t begrudge him for that.

Surely you have a childhood sweetheart that you’d leave your current mrs for even though she makes you really happy and welcome and makes a lovely sausage sandwich, but that sweetheart will always have your heart regardless... nope just me then! 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, erathirea said:

If anyone has been reading today's bbc sport live text updates.... my name is Ben, and I'm originally from Derby...

But I'm not that Ben, Derby.

But I do agree with Ben, Derby.

I'm also a Derby fan called Ben. I am not from Derby, but i live in Derbyshire.

I am also not that Ben, Derby.

I am also not this Ben who is originally from Derby.

I can't say whether i agree with Ben, Derby because i haven't seen what Ben, Derby has said.

Ben, Derby(shire)

loose women on itv .  There singing Frankies coming home and looking forward to tickets for next season .  Any Chelsea fans watching on here make sure you get it on catch up . Sounds awful but perhaps you could have them as cheerleaders for Franks big arrival . No 'should I stay or should I go '  today .  Don't know which is worse .

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

loose women on itv .  There singing Frankies coming home and looking forward to tickets for next season .  Any Chelsea fans watching on here make sure you get it on catch up . Sounds awful but perhaps you could have them as cheerleaders for Franks big arrival . No 'should I stay or should I go '  today .  Don't know which is worse .

Why are you watching Loose Women?

The more I see of Chelsea fans comments about Frank, the more I start to draw some similarities with our own Roy Mac. Who likewise was a top, top player, arguably the best of his generation but may not take the team and fans who so adorned him, onto greater things; probably through no fault of his own too. 

Well, I can't deny I'm glad that's all over!  The last few weeks have been somewhat tedious, to say the least... probably made more so as we all knew how it was going to end, just not when!

Now it is all over though, my hindsight is telling me that, whilst the complete episode was far from perfect, it was undeniably enjoyable.  Positive in the main, with a couple of extraordinary chapters thrown in.  The wins at WBA and Norwich were great, as was the draw at The Bridge.  The win at OT was absolutely fantastic, and best of all, the euphoric scenes beamed in live from E**and Rd to match those in my own living room, were right up there with the very best of my DCFC-related memories.  Very difficult to put into words.  For those of a certain age, such a night, against that particular opposition, means a hell of a lot, and will never be forgotten.  Having just seen that re-run video a few pages back, it's fair to say that the goosebumps still rose, as I am sure they will for eternity.

I truly believe that both Frank & Jody have handled these past few weeks with as much decorum and respect as protocol allowed.

They leave with my respect for them intact, my best wishes for their future careers, and my thanks for a more-positive-than-not season.

... But no, distraught I ain't!

... Oh... and Jody... "Chaddy"... "Chaddy"?  Who the eff told you we call it that?  56 years I've been here, and never heard it referred to as "Chaddy"!  Chaddesden, of course.  Chad, or Chaddo is perfectly acceptable, but call it Chaddy again, and I will personally come down to the Bridgywidge, and shove your Chezzy scarf right up your... 

@GenBr Won the pool of what page Frank leaves.

He was only 109 pages off with his guess of 313. 50 more pages and @jimbo jones would have been in with a shout with his guess of 584.

So, I assume that means @cosmic owes Gen a car. Or at least a Washer and Dryer. I'm sure that's how this stuff works.

Just now, SaintRam said:

He was only 109 pages off with his guess of 313. 50 more pages and @jimbo jones would have been in with a shout with his guess of 584.

So, I assume that means @cosmic owes Gen a car. Or at least a Washer and Dryer. I'm sure that's how this stuff works.

He can have Frank's Audi. Who wants to be seen driving round Kensington in that old heap of poo?

Genuinely sad to see Frank go and definitely no hard feelings from my point of view. Whether things could have been handled better is now entirely moot for me and I'd rather reflect on some of the amazing highs under Frank and Jody's tenure than the games where we under-performed; Southampton was great, Norwich was a blast, United in the Cup was hugely thrilling and the absolute scenes after the Leeds game, all are now indelibly stamped in my memory. I don't think the reactions of Frank, Jody and co were in any way fake - they had a blast the same way we did and I still find that quite endearing.

Sorry to see you go then chaps and wish you well at Chelsea but we now move on with another legend at the helm because we are Derby, super Derby, super Rams and always will be.

COYR

42 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Roll out the ol' London Hags...... As many have said, glad the circus has left. More important matters to be concentrating on than listening to all the sycophants, hangers on, ex team mates,  family, friends of family, friends of friends of family and any other Tom, Dick and Harriet they can 'roll out of a barrel!' 

We are Derby County..... not FL's Derby County and I couldn't give a stuff about anything else apart from how we are going to develop under a far more qualified coach. My expectations however are reset as Coku should be afforded some time to build.

UTR!...... naff of Chelsea and you can ''Stick your Blue Flag up yer Ar$e!'

1 hour ago, erathirea said:

If anyone has been reading today's bbc sport live text updates.... my name is Ben, and I'm originally from Derby...

But I'm not that Ben, Derby.

But I do agree with Ben, Derby.

I'll happily blow my cover and admit that it was me. Here's what I said in full:

Let me be blunt - I am disappointed to see Frank go for want of continuity and I am grateful for all he did for us. Last season was one of my most memorable and enjoyable seasons in years - the memories will live with me for a long time.

But we were inconsistent and we did fail to get promoted... again. So I don't put last season down as the unrivaled success that some pundits seem to make out that it was.

I don't begrudge Frank for going - I understand and I'd probably do the same if I were him. I genuinely wish him (and possibly even more, Jody) every success at Chelsea. I'm sceptical they'll achieve it, but that's none of my business any more.

What I found and continue to find frustrating is the way that we are portrayed as 'little old Derby' who are beside themselves with grief that Frank has left.

We're not - most fans I've spoken to aren't. Above all else, I am glad to finally just get this done.

I am sick and tired of the disrespect we've been shown by the media, and to a lesser extent, Chelsea and Frank's family/friends. But that's over and done with now.

If you'd have asked me a week ago if I was upset at the prospect of losing Frank, I'd have said yeah - Darren Moore and Danny Cowley didn't do much for me.

But I genuinely feel we are now onto something bigger and better. We've got a more experienced, more qualified and better coach to replace Frank and I'm excited for the season ahead. Today, I haven't cared that Frank's gone - I'm just looking forward to Cocu. And, to be honest, if you were to offer me one of those two, Cocu would win hands down. So I can't complain.

So thanks for the memories, Frank. And good luck. But we've moved on. And, unlike the BBC suggest (and very much like all of my ex-girlfriends when our relationships have, inevitably broken down due) we won't be shedding any tears. We've looking forward, and we're bouncing (or not) all the way.

bbc.JPG

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No speed boat??????

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Top effort going back and working out the winner, SaintRam  ???

Archived