Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Frank left with dignity intact, having done a decent job for us, and I hope he'll go on to be a success.

I can't help but wonder though, if he'll be out on his arse by the time Philip Cocu is explaining how he avoided our usual new year slump.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do any Chelsea fans actually live in London . I assume everyone in the ground on match days has entry as part of a travel package .

Anyway -Love this I've just seen posted

Remember what EH once said about this man: “I remember my very first training session with Chelsea. We had a break and Frank said: ‘Can I get you a drink?’ Incredible. As the new guy I felt like I should’ve been the one to be getting Frank water. But that is what he’s like.

.  Man offers to get another man free glass of water as he's getting one shocker.  Surely with this kind of tactical diplomacy he should be head of the UN, not Chelseas latest cannon fodder.

There was a Chelsea fan on TalkSport this morning from Durham who said he'd been a Chelsea fan for "50 years", and mentioned how a couple of years ago he'd been to Stamford Bridge for the first time. I'm not kidding.

10 minutes ago, Harry B said:

Well folks, it's done and dusted. Just wanted to pop in here one more time and say goodbye and thanks for letting a Chelsea boy join in from time to time and to wish you luck for next season.

With any luck we might be playing each other soon. Let's just hope it's not in League 2.

So long folks and good luck.

None of these Chelsea lot stick around long do they?

14 minutes ago, Harry B said:

Well folks, it's done and dusted. Just wanted to pop in here one more time and say goodbye and thanks for letting a Chelsea boy join in from time to time and to wish you luck for next season.

With any luck we might be playing each other soon. Let's just hope it's not in League 2.

So long folks and good luck.

Guarantee we will play you in the League cup third round. Last year as soon as we could and completely by chance in a random draw we first drew a  Man Utd managed by Lampards former boss Mourinho and then got his former club Chelsea in the next round. It was all a coincidence though obviously.

Close the thread. Thanks both..... We all now where we stand. Stop kidding yourselves it was anything other than a job to them. They got what they wanted, that was always their goal.

My faith in people standing by what they say (i.e the post match playoff final interview with Frank) has taken a knock. I get why they took the Chelsea job, I get it, but I don't care about it anymore.

They didn't pull up any trees.... But we have the green shoots of a better style of play. Fingers crossed Coku with his far greater experience can take us up a notch or two.

I'm more excited about this seasons start than I was of last. We have a 1st class coach about to take the helm.

Hey @i-Ram I thought I'd join your team and say I've become more chilled now Cocu is coming in and the Lampard thing is over. Really annoyed me that our players came back to no manager but for the sake of a poo week in the year he was here I can't hold a grudge. 

Good luck to him. Hope he does well

I'm glad it's now decided. Both Frank and Christine have been very gracious in their thanks to Derby and I think this was sincere. Frank wouldn't have moved to any club but Chelsea but when the once in an era chance came it had to be taken.

Meantime I think it's in everyone's interest to preserve trust and good relations between the Clubs. Frank's already said he'll be reviewing his overlarge Chelsea squad and deciding on loans. With good feeling and trust everyone can benefit.

As for Chelsea being the least likeable team, I have a different opinion. And just think, a team with an English management team with eight or nine English lads winning the PL. I tell you. This will happen.

I love a good analogy. Especially one that paints a manager as more than just friends (I had a cracking analogy for the Mac situation). 

In this case, we’re the holiday romance. The bit of fluff. We really hoped that if we gave good enough head frank might leave his wife, his first love with the rich dad. But he never will. And as soon as she snaps her fingers and threatens to cut him off from his dads billions, he’s dropped us like a lead balloon. It was inevitable as the sunset. The holiday was cut short sooner than we all hoped. But we had some good times, and it was wonderful while it lasted.

But some of us are doing the spoilt bitchy thing of kicking and screaming and scratching his eyes out, sitting in the corner with mascara running down our face. Chucking all his clothes out the window of the little shag pad he set us up with. Does that image invoke thoughts of self respect and strength, or just being a bit pathetic. We all need to grow up, blow our noses and move on. To put it another way: ‘stop crying your hearts out.’

Jody’s message is the ‘we’ll always have Paris,’ or Bill Murray’s whisper in Scarlett Johansen’s ear. 

Archived