Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It will certainly be interesting in the future should the England job come-a-knocking for Frank. The national team doesn't generally have an assitant manager does it?

Frank first team, Jody under 21s. Dream team for proper transition. 

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

On the website listed as Player Liaison Officer. Whatever the heck that is.

It's the official in charge of player's day to day.

From the big obvious stuff (like housing etc. when they first move), to just helping players with any problems, to helping organise things like Bradley Johnson's recent work at St. Giles, keep their time management with the club's priorities in mind.

38 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Mate I am very happy. I never bought into the Lampard lovefest in the first place. Just looking forward to our club reverting to 'Derby County' rather than being 'Frank Lampards' Derby County!

Onwards and upwards!

83B170C6-694F-4435-AA1F-DAF72B35DD2C.jpegA2A631B5-A83F-4122-A688-AAD1FE3274C3.jpeg64C09F38-3DBC-4DE9-BB00-04924B31B00C.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Mate I am very happy. I never bought into the Lampard lovefest in the first place. Just looking forward to our club reverting to 'Derby County' rather than being 'Frank Lampards' Derby County!

Onwards and upwards!

The same Frank Lampard who’s name attracted 3 of the best young talents we’ve seen in Derby shirts in years, who put Derby in the limelight through media coverage and has made us a more desirable club to come and manage or play for, and maybe even invest in for possible future investors.

”onwards and upwards” is slightly disrespectful. I for one am thankful for Franks time here and bringing the feel good factor back to PP after Rowetts dross football. 

When all said and done, I don't think any Derby fans blame Frank Lampard going to Chelsea. He is, after all, synonymous with their club and is arguably the best player in their history. He seemingly still approached negotiation with Chelsea with the respect it deserved and wanted assurances for his long-term future and what the expectations were. I don't think that's unfair. We, as a club, made it a difficult decision for him because he enjoyed his time here and possibly knew that we could have well had a even better crack at promotion next season. It wasn't to be. 

In turn, the work done by Lampard and to some extent Wassall, has left us in a much better position now than what we were in 12 months. All that is through the hard work in the academy, affording players the platform to have first team games and the media interest we were able to achieve. Not many clubs at this level could have enticed Phillip Cocu to their club, if any. Middlesbrough hired Woodgate. Forest hired Lamouchie. Swansea hired Cooper. Hull hired McCann. I think WBA are the only club to really hire anyone of note, depending on your feelings for Warburton going to QPR. 

Obviously people feel bitter about Lampard going to Chelsea, which I understand, but it's a no brainer. If he thinks he's ready for the job, as do Chelsea, then fair play to them. I really hope he pulls it out the bag next season! 

Popped on talksport - missed Mel.  Heard Uncle Harry go on about looking forward to his tickets to the bridge next season .  Next caller a bloke from Durham in who sounds in his 60's who started following Chelsea 15 years ago when they started winning stuff- he's been to one actual game in that time .  He's delighted.  Sums up there fanbase in one call.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

When all said and done, I don't think any Derby fans blame Frank Lampard going to Chelsea. He is, after all, synonymous with their club and is arguably the best player in their history. He seemingly still approached negotiation with Chelsea with the respect it deserved and wanted assurances for his long-term future and what the expectations were. I don't think that's unfair. We, as a club, made it a difficult decision for him because he enjoyed his time here and possibly knew that we could have well had a even better crack at promotion next season. It wasn't to be. 

In turn, the work done by Lampard and to some extent Wassall, has left us in a much better position now than what we were in 12 months. All that is through the hard work in the academy, affording players the platform to have first team games and the media interest we were able to achieve. Not many clubs at this level could have enticed Phillip Cocu to their club, if any. Middlesbrough hired Woodgate. Forest hired Lamouchie. Swansea hired Cooper. Hull hired McCann. I think WBA are the only club to really hire anyone of note, depending on your feelings for Warburton going to QPR. 

Obviously people feel bitter about Lampard going to Chelsea, which I understand, but it's a no brainer. If he thinks he's ready for the job, as do Chelsea, then fair play to them. I really hope he pulls it out the bag next season! 

He should do .  according to many Chelsea fans we have lost our greatest ever manager.   If he's better than Clough, Mackay, Cox and Smith they are due to win every trophy going .  I'll wait and see.

43 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It will certainly be interesting in the future should the England job come-a-knocking for Frank. The national team doesn't generally have an assitant manager does it?

It's been known, wasn't Steve McClaren Sven's assistant?

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The same Frank Lampard who’s name attracted 3 of the best young talents we’ve seen in Derby shirts in years, who put Derby in the limelight through media coverage and has made us a more desirable club to come and manage or play for, and maybe even invest in for possible future investors.

”onwards and upwards” is slightly disrespectful. I for one am thankful for Franks time here and bringing the feel good factor back to PP after Rowetts dross football. 

Not denying the feel good factor thing at all,  but if you want to talk about disrespect, I'd say buggering off after 14 months is quite disrespectful.

Archived