Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, David said:

Definitely. I’m not rigid in my own football philosophy, I can enjoy different styles for what they are when done right. Rowett’s none interest in possession for possession sake football I can get behind. 

Don’t get me wrong at times we defended a little further back for comfort and I would have liked to have seen us push back a little, but at the same time watching us pass the ball from side to side and back round the back 4 really does nothing for me.

Come 5pm I want to say great, 3 points in the bag, all other stats mean nothing.

Maybe I’m easily pleased, don’t know. As I said earlier it wasn’t that long ago top 6 was a pipe dream, attendances dwindled as the season was effectively over in February. We now have demands for top 6, certain styles of football which I haven’t quite caught up with.

I would love to see us dominate every game, winning 3-0 every week and in the top 2, just realise how difficult that is.

That certainly wasn't frowned upon under Billy Davies. Very rarely were we exciting under him, we were just dogged and ground out results. We scored more goals under Rowett and only conceded two more. We had a better GD under Rowett than BD.

Happy to say IMO Rowett ball was more entertaining than BD style of play.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Just when I thought it was safe to erase Rowett from my memory everyone starts talking about him again

Just wait, we will be on Phil Brown soon.

35 minutes ago, David said:

watching us pass the ball from side to side and back round the back 4 really does nothing for me.

Come 5pm I want to say great, 3 points in the bag, all other stats mean nothing.

Agree with the first point.

disagree with the second . I want to see us have a go. There used to be a chant "attack, attack, attack, attack, attack".

Thats it! I want to see strikers and attacking midfielders. I want goals. I want to see wingers taking on the full back. I want the first twenty minutes v benfica for the rest of my life!

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Agree with the first point.

disagree with the second . I want to see us have a go. There used to be a chant "attack, attack, attack, attack, attack".

Thats it! I want to see strikers and attacking midfielders. I want goals. I want to see wingers taking on the full back. I want the first twenty minutes v benfica for the rest of my life!

Only game against Benfica I remember is the one we got battered in pre season. 72 I was 10 years away from arriving in this world so forgive me for not being there that night ? 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Only game against Benfica I remember is the one we got battered in pre season. 72 I was 10 years away from arriving in this world so forgive me for not being there that night ? 

Maybe that is indeed the difference. 

21 minutes ago, David said:

Real Madrid and Charlie George was better 

10 hours ago, David said:

That's half fans for you. Always arriving late

I don't understand how you can be happy with the points. 

Not saying I don't believe it or it's wrong. Just I can't understand being happy with just any win.

Football is leisure to me. It's not my job, it doesn't pay Bills. In fact it costs me time and money to view it. So I want to be entertained by skill and exciting attacking. 

Of course there's games where it doesn't work out. There's games where I can understand the players need to just bag the win because it is their job and it does pay their bills.

I can boot a ball, you can head a ball. Maybe not as well as Stoke in 2010 but still... if my team wins every game doing that then I would eventually get bored. I want to see moments of team and individual skill that really emphasises the difference between Premier League and Sunday League. 

It's not football snobbery. I just have to make time and money for football so I will only do it as long as I enjoy it. 

There's no right way to play and there's skill in hoofball. There's just no excitement in teams built to defend and hoping to pinch a goal. Even a well built masterclass in defence team. 

Archived