Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance. Used us to get on the managerial ladder, took us from 6th place to 6th place and then ducked off as soon as Chelski came calling. I'm just glad the whole media circus around him will now depart and we can get on with the business of getting out of this division with a manager who actually has some experience and knows how achieve that aim.

Yet again the BBC journos not paying attention to the championship and writing whatever they think makes most sense to their narrative

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48865289

"Elated Chelsea fans, heartbroken Derby supporters, intrigued neutrals."

Anyone here feeling heartbroken? Is that another word for "filled with childish glee at the prospect of Phillip Cocu"?

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Good riddance. Used us to get on the managerial ladder, took us from 6th place to 6th place and then ducked off as soon as Chelski came calling. I'm just glad the whole media circus around him will now depart and we can get on with the business of getting out of this division with a manager who actually has some experience and knows how achieve that aim.

Cheer up.

Just now, cheron85 said:

Yet again the BBC journos not paying attention to the championship and writing whatever they think makes most sense to their narrative

Anyone here feeling heartbroken? Is that another word for "filled with childish glee at the prospect of Phillip Cocu"?

Replacing the old manager with a more successful manager isn't what I'd describe as heartbroken.

Just now, cheron85 said:

Heartbroken? Not me. 4 millions and Cocu is deal of the summer!

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

All the people that have been knocking Frank for not saying anything, when he couldn’t need to listen to this.

Im glad the saga, drawn out by Chelsea is over, I’m also glad he was our Manager with all the excitement it bought and change back to trying to play exciting football, but the Lampard media circus moves south and we move on.

However, please to all those who’s view has been tainted recently, listen to the interview. Lampard shows Derby and Mel full respect, we clearly will have opportunities in the future to do business with Chelsea whilst Frank is still there. (Wouldn’t rule out Jayden Bogle going there, if he progresses enough either).

Good luck Frank.

Jody's message:

What can I say...This last year I’ve made some of the most amazing memories and experienced some of the most euphoric feelings in my football career..the warmth in which the city embraced us was evident from day one and continued throughout our time in Derbados..the fans enthusiasm and love for this great football club was apparent whenever you walked in the city (or jogged in chaddy)..I’m so proud and privileged to have felt that..from the off Mel Morris was quite simply a class act and I’m not sure anybody yearns for success in DE24 more...A true fan who is passionate about his team..I’d like to say a special thank you to Mels wife Sharon who made my family feel so welcome and was always there to help in any capacity especially on matchdays..The staff throughout the training ground were a joy to be around and worked tirelessly to support us and the players..
A special mention for ‘Mi Duck’ 
Adam Storrer , an absolute diamond of a bloke who I’ll be forever grateful and I’ve made a pal for life in Storrs ?
Thank You so much to the players that bought into what we tried to do straight away and gave us all such a great ride.I’ll never forget some of the moments we experienced together..I loved watching you grow as a group and want nothing more than for you to be successful and keep improving as players, no matter what stage of your career you’re at..
To all the Rams out there I hope you understand how much we appreciated your support.
The SILENCE of late which some of you took as disrespect was the complete opposite..we had no choice but to keep quiet while negotiations were ongoing and would never want to mislead anybody..I hope you can see we have nothing but love and respect for this football club..
I have had one year in Derby which was unbelievable but I’ve had a lifetime of loving and supporting The Chels.. @dcfcofficial will be the first results I look for..always a Cockney ??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzfQ0S9grPP/?igshid=19fcyuz8snf2p

Archived