Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yet again the BBC journos not paying attention to the championship and writing whatever they think makes most sense to their narrative

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48865289

"Elated Chelsea fans, heartbroken Derby supporters, intrigued neutrals."

Anyone here feeling heartbroken? Is that another word for "filled with childish glee at the prospect of Phillip Cocu"?

Clearly haven’t read this forum... I ain’t heartbroken. He did a decent job that’s it. Nothing spectacular. Frankly don’t really Care that he’s gone.

Deluded chelsea fans may be elated, but I think some of the more grounded ones probably hold more concerns than us being mentioned there as well... And is the “intrigue” in the neutrals short for “what the duck are Chelsea doing!”

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Cheer up.

Mate I am very happy. I never bought into the Lampard lovefest in the first place. Just looking forward to our club reverting to 'Derby County' rather than being 'Frank Lampards' Derby County!

Onwards and upwards!

Just now, Jayram said:

Mate I am very happy. I never bought into the Lampard lovefest in the first place. Just looking forward to our club reverting to 'Derby County' rather than being 'Frank Lampards' Derby County!

Onwards and upwards!

We were Gary Rowett's Derby County in the media before Lampard.

We were Steve McClaren's Derby County in the media before Rowett.

We will be Phillip Cocu's Derby County this season, but I look forward to everyone going back to not noticing/caring.

For those without Instagram, here is Jody's message

What can I say...This last year I’ve made some of the most amazing memories and experienced some of the most euphoric feelings in my football career..the warmth in which the city embraced us was evident from day one and continued throughout our time in Derbados..the fans enthusiasm and love for this great football club was apparent whenever you walked in the city (or jogged in chaddy)..I’m so proud and privileged to have felt that..from the off Mel Morris was quite simply a class act and I’m not sure anybody yearns for success in DE24 more...A true fan who is passionate about his team..I’d like to say a special thank you to Mels wife Sharon who made my family feel so welcome and was always there to help in any capacity especially on matchdays..The staff throughout the training ground were a joy to be around and worked tirelessly to support us and the players..
A special mention for ‘Mi Duck’ 
Adam Storrer , an absolute diamond of a bloke who I’ll be forever grateful and I’ve made a pal for life in Storrs ?
Thank You so much to the players that bought into what we tried to do straight away and gave us all such a great ride.I’ll never forget some of the moments we experienced together..I loved watching you grow as a group and want nothing more than for you to be successful and keep improving as players, no matter what stage of your career you’re at..
To all the Rams out there I hope you understand how much we appreciated your support.
The SILENCE of late which some of you took as disrespect was the complete opposite..we had no choice but to keep quiet while negotiations were ongoing and would never want to mislead anybody..I hope you can see we have nothing but love and respect for this football club..
I have had one year in Derby which was unbelievable but I’ve had a lifetime of loving and supporting The Chels.. @dcfcofficial will be the first results I look for..always a Cockney ??

To all those blaming Lampard for the delays:

"Lampard's confirmation as Chelsea boss was reportedly delayed on Wednesday evening because Facebook and Instagram were experiencing problems loading pictures and videos and the club wanted the social media sites restored to normal before making the announcement."

From the BBC live updates

I work in advertising and can confirm FB were having problems the whole of yesterday not just the evening

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Really nice message from Jody. 

Franks message on Insta is all PR-ed, formal and emotionless. 

Jody's is clearly straight from him and sincere... from the heart. 

Top bloke.

To be fair, I think Frank is better with in-person stuff. His interview showed a touch of sadness about leaving. It was only one season but both are part of Derby County folklore now.

21 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Did this interview take place in the sauna ?? Frank looks a bit uncomfortable & sweaty

Probably dreading being asked about his wife's disrespectful video clip....

I feel Jody farewell more sincere and says he had to remain silent.  Shame Frank's entourage couldn't stfu. 

As many of you know I was not too disappointed to see the back of Frank. Completely wish him well and hope everything goes right for him at Chelsea, but I can't pretend I'm not absolutely delighted to see us replacing him with a (in my opinion) superior manager.

Jody I'll miss more though. That guy just seemed to get what Derby was all about. Class act from start to finish.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jody I'll miss more though. That guy just seemed to get what Derby was all about. Class act from start to finish.

It will certainly be interesting in the future should the England job come-a-knocking for Frank. The national team doesn't generally have an assitant manager does it?

Archived