Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Only a matter of time before this happens. Sarri will probably be confirmed leaving tomorrow, Chelsea had their Europa league final celebrations today and Sarri(and Hazard) probably said goodbye to the Chelsea staff and players in that time. No other manager would want to go to there with their transfer ban, Lampard makes sense for Chelsea at this point because the Chelsea fans will stick with him.

Its not the fans who matter to Chelsea. 

It's what Bruce buck and Roman think.....

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HantsRam said:

Its not the fans who matter to Chelsea. 

It's what Bruce buck and Roman think.....

I think they leave a lot of the decisions down to that Marina lady? Marina quite likes him, she wanted him to become the club ambassador about a year ago.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Only a matter of time before this happens. Sarri will probably be confirmed leaving tomorrow, Chelsea had their Europa league final celebrations today and Sarri(and Hazard) probably said goodbye to the Chelsea staff and players in that time. No other manager would want to go to there with their transfer ban, Lampard makes sense for Chelsea at this point because the Chelsea fans will stick with him.

Not true, Billy Davies would take it

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If you want to get excited about the odds ....Allegri’s are shortening quickly. 

I really don’t think a 2 transfer window ban is a big deal for Chelsea.

F85F1504-B44F-49BA-A036-5FBE7977B1A2.png

I read a few days ago that’s he’s waiting for the Barca job and is just waiting for Barca to sack Valverde. Would be very surprised if he went to Chelsea , not sure why he’d want to go there. 

Well this isn’t particulary good news. There is certainly the possibility Lampard could go there now, it’s the only place he’d realistically go I think. He’d definitely take that one if offered I know fairly sure, and I don’t blame him tbh, it’s multiple steps up to the top level. Not that I’m convinced he’s ready but that’s chelseas choice.

Wouldnt start panicking mind, while it’s possible frank could go there it’s far from certain, they could very well yet go for the safer option of allegri.

Interestingly, the reports are saying Chelsea are not asking Juve for compensation. Is that:

1. Because they want him gone, which must be in response to fan demand; He's actually done a good job. The fans also want Lampard.

Or

2. Because of some kind of manager swap deal? So, Allegri.

Clearly though, in this era of agents pervasive throughout football, whoever it will be has already been sounded out and given an indication one way or another.

Another point...Frank seems to have avoided the media since Monday ?

Frank said himself he wants to be manager here and has had nothing from Chelsea regarding the job. Surely they don't want him as manager, why would they? He's had one year experience at Derby finishing 6th in the championship. To us it's much more than that but to them, that's all it is. How on earth does that justify getting a job competing at the top of the premier League and playing champions League football amongst the best and most established managers in the world. That just can't happen. Frank isn't stupid either, he knows it could all come crashing down and tarnish his reputation. He is a Chelsea legend and one day he will go back home but as for now, it's far too early in his career. I think he's got to be staying with us.

I seem to be in the minority of thinking I would be quite annoyed if Frank were to go. He is 40 so has decades left in management, has enough money for a lifetime and has a contract he should see through here. He will always be a Chelsea legend and that role will become available many more times in his career. I would be really disappointed if he left after starting to build something then leaving us after just 1 year. Hopefully he stays.

Also could be coincidence as he was always following them anyway, but he's been solely liking Chelsea related posts on instagram. Squeaky bum time

Wtf does that tweet even mean? Lampards first choice manager but they want a decision in 20 days or they’ll move to plan B Espírito Santo? Seems an awfully long time to give a manager to make his mind up about whether he wants the job/negotiate and interview him. And surely nuno has to rate above Lampard, he’s managed in the prem, Lampard only one year in the championship. Would seem insanity to appoint frank.

Archived