Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Mac2 was 12/1 half an hour before it was announced.

Pearson was 20/1 the day before.

If I remember rightly, didn't Pearson's odds fall massively a few hours before the news started breaking?

I seem to remember that being the first time the bookies seemed to know before all the rest of us did.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If I remember rightly, didn't Pearson's odds fall massively a few hours before the news started breaking?

I seem to remember that being the first time the bookies seemed to know before all the rest of us did.

I don't know. I know I got 20/1 the day before!

It would be a massive risk for him and Chelsea this early in his career. 

I'm sure he would feel more comfortable after a couple more years experience and wouldn't want to tarnish his legend status by being chucked out on his ear after having a poor season.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

It would be a massive risk for him and Chelsea this early in his career. 

I'm sure he would feel more comfortable after a couple more years experience and wouldn't want to tarnish his legend status by being chucked out on his ear after having a poor season.

He's arguably the only manager that could arrive and get guaranteed time from the fans.

If they're going to go through a year of suffering with the transfer ban, then who better to hire than a guy who won't get turned on?

They'll also know they've got to finally make use of that impressive Youth Academy. Who better than a manager who has already proved he is willing to give youth a chance, and an assistant manager who helped nurture most of them anyway!

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Frank Lampard’s agent told Chelsea he’s really happy in Derby and staying at least 2 more years, at a meeting down his local pub. Oh the bar bill was less than £2,600 too according to sources in Derbyshire ?

Frank will be off as soon as Chelsea come calling, if they weren't under a transfer ban then the likes of Allegri would be considered, but they have no other option than to blood the youngsters and have a complete rebuild.

Whatever happens needs to happen quick for our own sake. We need a rebuild ourselves and uncertainty about the management will not help in the slightest. 

Despite the mostly enjoyable season we've just had, I'm nowhere near as concerned as I was when Mac left the first time. We're in a much better position than we were under Rowett and, rightly or wrongly, because of Lampard's name, people know who Derby County are again.

Given the obvious rumours have been circling for a while now, I'd also be stunned if Mel hasn't already got a clear favourite for the job, and I'd fully expect it to be someone exciting and fresh.

Only a matter of time before this happens. Sarri will probably be confirmed leaving tomorrow, Chelsea had their Europa league final celebrations today and Sarri(and Hazard) probably said goodbye to the Chelsea staff and players in that time. No other manager would want to go to there with their transfer ban, Lampard makes sense for Chelsea at this point because the Chelsea fans will stick with him.

Archived