Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I dont think Frank is going anywhere. He has his head screwed on. 

I also dont think Sarri is going anywhere.

It's all stupid rumours created because of the obvious link between FL and Chelsea, I mean heck the rumours were there as soon as he joined DCFC! The main season is over and they are just trying to find stuff to put out about either DCFC or AVFC to try distracting everyone from Monday. 

Talking about it is proving that it has worked. Just ignore it for now, and see what happens after Monday, but I cant see FL leaving just yet. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

I dont think Frank is going anywhere. He has his head screwed on. 

I also dont think Sarri is going anywhere.

It's all stupid rumours created because of the obvious link between FL and Chelsea, I mean heck the rumours were there as soon as he joined DCFC! The main season is over and they are just trying to find stuff to put out about either DCFC or AVFC to try distracting everyone from Monday. 

Talking about it is proving that it has worked. Just ignore it for now, and see what happens after Monday, but I cant see FL leaving just yet. 

I agree. 

It's interesting that some are seeing this as a 'Derby' story, but let's face it, we are just bit-part players in this 'Chelsea' story!

They have a big match coming up next week, too, and it probably isn't the best of times for them that there is all this speculation over Sarri. He wins on Wednesday, stays at Chelsea and it all goes back in the cupboard until another time. 

It might all go the other way too but either way, Sky have had loads of clicks and views. 

We knew when we took Frank that we would be more in the media spotlight so we have to take the rough side of that with the smooth. 

25 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

With no Premier League to report on with any actual facts, it's a slow news week so SKY have to fill their hours with stuff, any nonsense will do.

There’s not much to say when the premiership is actually functions - it’s Burnley vs Bournemouth tonight folks and everyone around world will be watching - meanwhile Dirty Leeds 2-4 Derby County - the best independently watched and loved game of the season by so many fans - for obvious reasons surrounding Derby and the Dirty 

Lampard isn't going anywhere. The man has shown he is not an idiot, taking that job at the moment would be career suicide. 

In January I understood the rumours, Ole was doing well at Man U and Chelsea wanted a bit of that magic with Lamps. However, we have all seen how the wheels have fallen off at Utd. 

Frank is in this management game for the long haul. He knows that the Chelsea job isn't right for him at the moment. We should be more worried about a team the size of Everton coming in for him. An upgrade on us and won't have the same pressure as he would at Chelsea. 

Few things wrong with that article..

1. “After years of relentless change..”- years of relentless change that have brought them relentless trophies! Hasn’t exactly done them much harm until this point, most changes have been successful

2. There’s absolutely no way one season as a manager at championship level qualifies frank to be a manager of a club at the absolute top elite level. He may get there yet, but no manager can be ready that quickly. 

3. We’ve got the biggest match of not only our season obviously, but of the last decade to come tomorrow! Everything rides on this match, all the hard work across the season and the very future path of our club! The result tomorrow will affect our future Hugely, either positively or negatively. So how’s about we focus on the importance of that match and the never ending never of our fanbase for the next 24 hours or so rather than some other balls that may or may not happen

2 hours ago, CheltenhamRam said:

Really disappointed by this article. Especially when you realise it is twinned by an article on Villa they released this morning, based all around their return to form and and rejuvenation under Dean Smith.

We've copped some really poor coverage in the build up to our biggest game of the season. 

Hope this serves as motivation for the boys tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Really disappointed by this article. Especially when you realise it is twinned by an article on Villa they released this morning, based all around their return to form and and rejuvenation under Dean Smith.

We've copped some really poor coverage in the build up to our biggest game of the season. 

Hope this serves as motivation for the boys tomorrow.

We like being underdogs, this team suits it.

If Lampard is offered the Chelsea job he will take it. It really is as simple as that in my opinion. 

My question would be why Chelsea would appoint him over the likes of Allegri who is available after leaving Juventus. Frank represents a massive punt for them. We can't control that, what Derby and Frank can control is prep for tomorrow and I have no doubt that is his sole focus right now.

The odds are against us currently with this with some bookies stopping taking bets and he is 5 to 1 on with others ( I can only hope it’s chelsea fans putting it on) 

it is far to early for him to move on to Chelsea but you don’t get asked many times and if he got us up we couldn’t really complain in a way although it would still be disappointing 

Archived