Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

37 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dont think it will be, i dont think it did back in McClarens days. It was just the injuries were too much. Doesnt matter what back up plan you have if the injuries are key then its going to affect you. Look at our form when Mount was out. No question in my mind had he not recovered when he did we wouldnt be going to Wembley on Monday.

If Chelsea do come knocking, and I am not convinced they are, i still think its one of those if someone talks about it eventually people take it as fact, I wouldnt blame Frank for going. I think its too early but who is to say when the next chance may come along?

Personally i think if he goes, he will be back being a pundit this time next year. Chelsea have a shocking record with managers (dont we all mind), a poor run of form and sentiment will be out the window.

I'm not sure. I don't think he'd last at Chelsea next season, because a bit like Ole at Manure, it's a very difficult job no matter how respected he is within the club. But I do get the sense that he enjoys the role and he's done enough this season, barring a total disaster at Chelsea, to show he can be a viable manager - if he wanted, I recon post Chelsea he'd get championship job offers.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im not saying Frank should dismiss it. Im just stating how two similar situations are viewed differently. No Steve didnt want to say anything, all he said was his focus is Derby and he didnt want to get drawn. No different to Frank.

The other difference is that Chelsea are much more personal to frank than Newcastle ever will be to Steve.

I don't think it will happen by the way. (not this season) Gut feel.

Quote from BBC

Lampard, who played 649 games for the Blues and is their record goalscorer, added: "I've got two years left on my contract here and I see no further forward than Monday.

"I will sit down with Mel after the game, which was planned before all this talk anyway, to see firstly what the result was on Monday because that's going to define how we chat.

"It's been a bit of an obvious link all season. It's maybe because of where we're at - in the final - and we're being talked about and I get linked because of my 13 years at the club.

"But in terms of how I'm seeing it, I don't want to think about it, I don't want to talk about it. I want to talk about Monday."

Exactly this 

Well the most I’ve seen it discussed is in here, so what does that tell you?!

he got asked an impossible question to answer without causing some internet chatter and personally I thought he answered it better than most people would.

lets just concentrate on the final and worry about the rest afterwards?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

These will be the scenes in the sky box if villa win:

England-983454.jpg?r=1533047957352

And if Derby Win:

7fe6b-1510646300-800.jpg

It’s about time someone within the game called them out on their ********. Sky are like Eastenders, they want to  create dramatic stories to get people to watch or click them.

its nearly time everybody , the team , every Rams fan at Wembley lets put on a performance on Monday and get this club into the Premier League , lets show Frank what he would be leaving behind ,

part of me thinks he wont leave , Franks been in football a long time and with the advice of his dad and uncle Harry he will know deep down hes not ready for the challenge of Chelsea yet

But this rumour wont go away , so lets show Frankie our appreciation on Monday and remind him theres no bounce at Chelsea

Lampard might stay, Lampard might go, but what Sky (and others to an extent) are doing is creating a story to add texture to their play-off coverage.

They are scum. They feed on building things up and knocking them down again, and they get away with it because we're all rumour whores and it sells.

Just ignore the Bamfords.

Personal take on it is that Sarri will stay, and that Frank would be better served waiting until Chelsea aren't under a transfer embargo before he takes the plunge. No signings and 2 months of mid-table football and he' be out on his arse anyway.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Come on mel offer new 3 year contract

Tell chelsea to do one.

His terms will always have guaranteed an exit if chelsea came calling. Plus they released morris and chris jones. Plus they loaned us tomori and mount. Plus they let them play v them in the cup.

we have to be realistic. 

49 minutes ago, Needless said:

Lampard might stay, Lampard might go, but what Sky (and others to an extent) are doing is creating a story to add texture to their play-off coverage.

They are scum. They feed on building things up and knocking them down again, and they get away with it because we're all rumour whores and it sells.

Just ignore the Bamfords.

Personal take on it is that Sarri will stay, and that Frank would be better served waiting until Chelsea aren't under a transfer embargo before he takes the plunge. No signings and 2 months of mid-table football and he' be out on his arse anyway.

Monkey cashes £170M cheque, monkey has to deal with the poo that comes with it.  Sadly. 

Irrespective of their transfer embargo & the intense pressure that comes with the job, if Chelsea come in for Lampard, he will go.

Football is such a changeable industry. Barely anyone in the media would have linked him to Chelsea after we got beat at Blackburn & looked set to miss out on the playoffs. Now that we've had a very good few weeks, his stock is high again & it's coincided with Sarri being on the brink at Chelsea. Lampard knows that if we lose on Monday & then have a sluggish start to next season, the same twonks who were agitating for his removal in Feb/March will be vocal again & he'll be under pressure to stay here, let alone move to Chelsea.

Although I'd be sad to see him go, I'm comfortable with it so long as the club follow the same good habits we've started this season - promote youth, be patient with the manager and look to play energetic, attractive football. We have to move away from managers defining us as a club & move to a model where Derby have a particular culture and a long term gameplan that stays in play irrespective of whether Lampard is here or not or if we win on Monday or not. No more short-termism.

Could not of come at a worse moment all this talk about FL and as much as Frank says he is not thinking about it trust me he is,one foot is already in the Stamford Bridge door and bookmakers have now stopped taking bets on the next Chelsea manager

I just hope this does not derail our play off hopes

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

It’s about time someone within the game called them out on their ********. Sky are like Eastenders, they want to  create dramatic stories to get people to watch or click them.

I like the way he.didn't bite

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

His terms will always have guaranteed an exit if chelsea came calling. Plus they released morris and chris jones. Plus they loaned us tomori and mount. Plus they let them play v them in the cup.

we have to be realistic. 

The only problem I see with FL going to Chelsea is he could be unemployed by Christmas. He hasn’t had any premier league experience. 

I can’t help but like him but I still think he’s cutting his teeth in management. 

41 minutes ago, Gritters said:

The only problem I see with FL going to Chelsea is he could be unemployed by Christmas. He hasn’t had any premier league experience. 

I can’t help but like him but I still think he’s cutting his teeth in management. 

Absolutely but certain chances don’t come along very often - he would be better for staying with us but we knew it was going to be a high profile ride which will end at some point but let’s enjoy the ride 

Archived