Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Calm down everyone, he is staying, building for the future, and taking us to the prem, no way will he go to Chelsea, he is more interested in getting Tomori here for another season. This is just noise nothing else, I have very good information on the situation, Mel and Frank already planning signings for next season. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, goldstar said:

I seem to be in the minority of thinking I would be quite annoyed if Frank were to go. He is 40 so has decades left in management, has enough money for a lifetime and has a contract he should see through here. He will always be a Chelsea legend and that role will become available many more times in his career. I would be really disappointed if he left after starting to build something then leaving us after just 1 year. Hopefully he stays.

I think Frank and Jody (sadly) are a great fit for Chelsea at the moment.

13 month transfer ban, FL a club legend who has the frontman will get respect and time from all, big name, big fanfare signing to reduce the focus of no players coming in this summer. It will also take attention away from the likely departure of Hazard.

Also its not just about football, it's about his personal life. His wife, his baby daughter, his teenage daughters, his friends and family, etc. are all in or spend the majority of there time in London.

If Chelsea come asking, I doubt very much Mel will stand in his way. The compo package might buy us a descent left back.

31 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

13 month transfer ban, FL a club legend who has the frontman will get respect and time from all, big name, big fanfare signing to reduce the focus of no players coming in this summer. It will also take attention away from the likely departure of Hazard.

Also its not just about football, it's about his personal life. His wife, his baby daughter, his teenage daughters, his friends and family, etc. are all in or spend the majority of there time in London.

If Chelsea come asking, I doubt very much Mel will stand in his way. The compo package might buy us a descent left back.

You think there's definitely something going down then mate??

7 hours ago, goldstar said:

Also could be coincidence as he was always following them anyway, but he's been solely liking Chelsea related posts on instagram. Squeaky bum time

That post sums it up really, supposition based on instagram? Think I might be out of here till July. 

Well if this bunch of quotes from Chelsea fans is the general consensus, I think we are safe;

One fan wrote: “Max Allegri is a better option than Lampard.”

“There are genuinely people who’d rather have Lampard than Allegri?” another asked.

One tweeted: “Allegri is a good coach he just was at Juve too long. Miles better than Lampard.”

“We need Allegri, it’s too early for Lampard,” another wrote.

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

His wife and baby live with him in the Duffield area.

His two teenage daughters live with their mum in London.

His friends live all over - one of them is 45 minutes down the road in Birmingham.

Not 100% or this point but the few days that Christine works, I think she’s up in Manchester filming, not London. Could be wrong there though.

1 hour ago, REDCAR said:

Well if this bunch of quotes from Chelsea fans is the general consensus, I think we are safe;

One fan wrote: “Max Allegri is a better option than Lampard.”

“There are genuinely people who’d rather have Lampard than Allegri?” another asked.

One tweeted: “Allegri is a good coach he just was at Juve too long. Miles better than Lampard.”

“We need Allegri, it’s too early for Lampard,” another wrote.

Why would Allegri want to go there after a) how they've treated Sarri and b) their transfer ban?

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Calm down everyone, he is staying, building for the future, and taking us to the prem, no way will he go to Chelsea, he is more interested in getting Tomori here for another season. This is just noise nothing else, I have very good information on the situation, Mel and Frank already planning signings for next season. 

That’s a relief. Cheers, Mel. 

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

His wife and baby live with him in the Duffield area.

His two teenage daughters live with their mum in London.

His friends live all over - one of them is 45 minutes down the road in Birmingham.

Not 100% or this point but the few days that Christine works, I think she’s up in Manchester filming, not London. Could be wrong there though.

West London vs Duffield ?

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

If or when Frank does go I’d blow a wedge of the compo to nip in before WBA for Chris Houghton. 

I wouldn’t. Good coach is Mr Hughton. However, he plays football in almost the opposite manner to the way we want to play. It’s similar to Rowetts ‘anti-football’ - effective but can be a chore to watch. I said after last season that I would rather we got a manager in that developed an attractive style than try to scrape promotion. Brighton fans will tell you that they are grateful to all that Chris did but not the football his teams played.

Get a manager in who will continue the style that Lamps is trying - hard working but also attacking. Not Pulis/Hughton

26 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I wouldn’t. Good coach is Mr Hughton. However, he plays football in almost the opposite manner to the way we want to play. It’s similar to Rowetts ‘anti-football’ - effective but can be a chore to watch. I said after last season that I would rather we got a manager in that developed an attractive style than try to scrape promotion. Brighton fans will tell you that they are grateful to all that Chris did but not the football his teams played.

Get a manager in who will continue the style that Lamps is trying - hard working but also attacking. Not Pulis/Hughton

The only way to get out this division is by scrapping. Who do you suggest? 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why would Allegri want to go there after a) how they've treated Sarri and b) their transfer ban?

No Allegri wouldn’t want it.

Chelsea will approach for Frank i am sure now. I just hope Mel and co can make this work for us and Frank and Chelsea loan us a few decent young players next season. 

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

The only way to get out this division is by scrapping. Who do you suggest? 

Fulham didn't get out by scrapping, neither did Norwich.

We need continuity of a system which suits the players we have - to switch to a more physical type of game will definitely not suit any if the young players we have in waiting in the U23 and U18 squads. If Lampard does go then he should be replaced with someone with a similar ethos - I wouldn't rule out a foreign coach / manager.

Archived