Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Harry Redknapp has it about right in that interview, there’s no doubt frank will take it, and why wouldn’t he, it’s the chance to be a manager of an elite football club where he made his name in football. But he’s not ready for it yet like I said. Especially not now with their current situation, losing their best player and unable to replace him. He’ll end up gone within a year, he would probably be safer staying here and continuing the job he’s started. But let’s be fair, if we were in his shoes we’d have the ambition to take on the bigger role, so why wouldn’t he? It’s what you become a manager for, to reach the top.

Surprised if they don’t go for allegri first tho if he’s on their list... depends if he wants to join a club in that situation.

If I was Lampard and was offered the job, I would be thinking there is a chance to integrate Mount, Tomori and Abraham into the first team squad, having seen how good they are. If he waits there is a danger that any new manager could sell them.

He rates Mount so highly and would have a couple players on his side at least before he even begins.

If Chelsea come calling he is off, simple as that for me.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

The only way to get out this division is by scrapping. Who do you suggest? 

No it isn’t. Look at Bournemouth and Eddie Howe. Look at Wolves and Nuno. Played football with an attacking edge, while also being able to defend when needed to.

I would look at any manager who tries to play football in an attractive manager. Playing pragmatic football, finishing 6th and crashing out of the playoffs is not as attractive to me as getting a manager who may lose a few but at least we play football I want to pay to watch.

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like Pochettino and Pep are still being touted as options for Juve, but Sarri going with Lampard replacing him is still the most likely, according to this Italian Football journalist tonight:

Screenshot_20190602_203001.jpg

According to his LinkedIn profile David Amoyal is a manager in financial services by day and a sports writer and pundit by night.

whilst the rumour may indeed prove to be true, I find it hard to believe that someone that is only a sports writer in their spare time has that much inside information.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lampard to Chelsea, Jody Morris as Derby manager, with Lampard promising Derby a year loan for Mount, Tomori and Ampadu.

You can't tell me your not tempted ?

Throw in Kev Abraham and I'm listening...

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lampard to Chelsea, Jody Morris as Derby manager, with Lampard promising Derby a year loan for Mount, Tomori and Ampadu.

You can't tell me your not tempted ?

I'm firmly in the Lampard is staying category but if I was Mel this would more or less be my Plan B

Steve Holland again would seem a very risky move by Chelsea, brilliant no2 no doubt but as we saw with clement that doesn’t always mean they’re at that level as a no1 manager. England hat on says that would be very bad news for the national team, I’m pretty convinced much of our success last summer and into this year can be attributed to Steve Holland’s coaching, we’ve seen the successful Chelsea sides he’s worked with. Would be disruptive to lose him and hard to replace. 

Surprised this Sarri leaving thing isn’t moving along a little quicker though myself, would think it’s just cough up the compensation and Chelsea will let him go, can’t really stand in his way. Longer this drags on with rumours around about Lampard, the more we on here at the very least panic! Holland would seem to be another appointment like Lampard that would be made with the focus on working with the youngsters they have/are coming back and persuading them to stay while they have the transfer ban, so it’s a concern for us if they are going down that route in terms of Lampard being an option. Virtually confirms Mount will be leaving us as well of course, tho I still hold hope for Tomori regardless.

On 01/06/2019 at 11:24, Millenniumram said:

I’m still surprised Sarri would jump ship after coming over here so soon, I know they’ve got transfer issues but he should really try and see the job through. He must have wanted to leave Italy to try somewhere new, bizzare to go back so quickly when he’s had a decent first season, much as some stupid fans dislike him. Not that Chelsea will stand in his way if they stand to make 5mil I’m sure mind, seems fair enough and he’s replaceable without a doubt. Still don’t think Lampard should be that replacement tho, much as he’s shown he can work under a lack of funds and with youngsters, I’m not convinced that one half decent year in the championship makes him anywhere near ready for that level, he really hasn't shown enough yet imo. Not convinced the fans will be as happy as it either as that article reckons, he may be a Chelsea legend without doubt, but you’ve still gotta be the right man for the job. At this moment in time I couldn’t justify why he would be, he needs another year in the championship imo yet alone experience in the prem before that job.

When did he show this?

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well we only had a couple of million net spend last summer, so I’d say he has given the changes he made.

I like Lamps don't get me wrong, but it does help when you have mates to give you loans that no other Championship club could get.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I like Lamps don't get me wrong, but it does help when you have mates to give you loans that no other Championship club could get.

To be fair to Lampard, this is one of the biggest appeals to having him as your manager. 

Big clubs will trust him. Young players will want to play for him. Who wouldn't want to play for one of the best players of a generation?

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well we only had a couple of million net spend last summer, so I’d say he has given the changes he made.

He spent  £18m plus 3 Premier League loans. Id hardly say he's proved he can operate under a lack of funds

Archived