Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Same as when you told us it was a fact Armstrong was innocent of taking drugs ?

I've a lot of respect for Lance Armstrong, injecting some iffy blood and being high as kite, doubt I could even pedal if I was on that many drugs....

<although, seriously, it' a)not like it was the entire peleton wasn't doping at that time, and b) Lance crushed A LOT of people, ruined them, to keep his cheating under wraps>

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

The odds mean nothing. They reflect how money has been laid and most of that money will have come from the most ill-informed source - the fans.

Fingers crossed your right. I always thought odds also reflect the likelihood of something happening aswel. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The odds mean nothing. They reflect how money has been laid and most of that money will have come from the most ill-informed source - the fans.

I really don't think he is ready yet for a big job like that. Another 2 years with us and he might be.....

4 minutes ago, dave126 said:

Fingers crossed your right. I always thought odds also reflect the likelihood of something happening aswel. 

All it represents is bookies protecting their money. 

If there's a story that Kane is a target for Real Madrid then people put bets on then the odds get shorter to protect the payout. Doesn't mean the gossip was any more than newspaper talk. But if the odds get shorter then more people will bet thinking there's something in it. Then the odds get shorter still!!

If Lampard stays at Derby then the bookies have made a nice few quid off this story. 

Be interesting to see the odds when Rowett walked on who became favourite. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

Well I hope whatever the outcome it is all settled quickly otherwise it could be extremely disruptive for us, even if Frank ultimately stays....

Really don't need anymore managerial upheaval at PP.  Fed up with all that TBH. 

Just now, ramit said:

i see Sarri leaving Chelsea as good news.  Hope they appoint someone fast, so we can get this nonsense out of the way, because it won't be Frank

Well youd hope so. The papers say Chelsea are prepared to let Sarri leave. That's suggestive that they have a replacement in mind but there aren't any names in the frame at present. 

So hope that they aren't thinking "why not Frank?"

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Southern based future racist pensioner and Chelsea diehard who works for me declared last week that Frank needed to come home.  This week declared he wasn't ready.  Christ and I thought our lot were fickle ?

Yes, I noticed a massive change in Chelsea fans’ opinions on Twitter after we didn’t win at Wembley!

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well youd hope so. The papers say Chelsea are prepared to let Sarri leave. That's suggestive that they have a replacement in mind but there aren't any names in the frame at present. 

So hope that they aren't thinking "why not Frank?"

Would be madness

In the position they're in, they need an experienced manager with proven credentials.  Not worried in the slightest.

This illustrates the downward spiral of sports reporting, not just in this country but worldwide. The SUN is reporting that Chelsea are releasing Sarri from his contract. Not heard it from the horse's mouth (e.g. the Chelsea official website) but "according to reports in Italy".

He may well go and it's not out of the question that they might want Lampard and even possible Lampard will want to go (though I would be extremely surprised if he went). At this present time i take the story with a pinch of salt.

I would be surprised if he wasn't a very strong contender.

zidane and pep went from playing to managing a top team with a minimal apprenticeship.

frank will have impressed a few people this year.

Archived