Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 hours ago, lrm14 said:

You honestly believe Tomori, Mount and Wilson were all Premier League quality players when we signed them? I don't doubt they're at that level now but to say that they were at the start of the season is crazy.

Wilson  has that much Prem talent that Liverpool want to sell him what you mean is that Tomori and Wilson could play for teams in the bottom heAlf of the Prem where the standard is that much higher than the top of the Championship.And didnt Wilson spend the 2 precious seasons out on loan with Crewe and Hull?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last year, I was in hospital after an op, and the news that Frank was our manager cheered me up no end.  I hope he stays to see the job through, we all understand the attraction of Chelsea, but he has to prove himself as a manager first, not just to everybody else, but to himself as well.  He needs to finish this job here and get us up, then onto a bigger club probably if not Chelsea.  I see Frank as future England manager.  He owes a debt to Mel, who took on a complete rookie which was a gamble (despite Frank's playing CV) and gave him a superb opportunity with our great club. 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The sales of Vydra and Weimann probably had nothing to do with Lampard and would most likely have happened whether he was manager or not. Therefore not sure why the income from them should be attributed to him. Now if he had been manager the previous season and he had sold the players I could understand the argument.

All that is being said is that the net spend was low. You can't say he's spent a lot without acknowledging that a lot left.

Let's think about Vydra and Marriott for example. Do we really think that Marriott would have been signed if Vydra wasn't leaving?

17 minutes ago, ck- said:

All that is being said is that the net spend was low. You can't say he's spent a lot without acknowledging that a lot left.

Let's think about Vydra and Marriott for example. Do we really think that Marriott would have been signed if Vydra wasn't leaving?

Net spend was next to nothing, I acknowledge that.

The original point was that he has proven he can work with a lack of funds, I disagree with that.

Tbh if Chelsea come calling for frank I would not begrudge him for going. I would however hope he would allow the Chelsea-Derby connection to grow. It makes sense for Chelsea to hire frank at this point in time if the transfer ban remains. They would have sold their best player and unable to buy anyone so expectations would be fairly low and so it give lampard a season to get to grips with managing a top6 club without as much pressure. He would receive an instant respect from the dressing at Chelsea which is the kind of manager they need. 

Just now, Louby said:

Tbh if Chelsea come calling for frank I would not begrudge him for going. I would however hope he would allow the Chelsea-Derby connection to grow. It makes sense for Chelsea to hire frank at this point in time if the transfer ban remains. They would have sold their best player and unable to buy anyone so expectations would be fairly low and so it give lampard a season to get to grips with managing a top6 club without as much pressure. He would receive an instant respect from the dressing at Chelsea which is the kind of manager they need. 

Bored Chelsea fan? 

£4m would be a fair enough fee, considering that he would be leaving for a much better placed club & it would probably be a Championship record for a manager. 

All the best to him. It seems like a huge stretch for Chelsea, all things considered, they could easily hire a multitude of high profile and better qualified managers, especially with what is at stake for them. It's a great opportunity for Lampard, regardless of whether he flops or not - a big pay day and probably a lower end Premier League job or top end Championship job in waiting. 

Compensation for managers is far less than transfer fees for players, which I find a little puzzling.

We only received £2 million from Stoke for Rowett (though there is a case that we should have rewarded them for taking him) and, now, folks seem happy with £4 million for Frank.

I'm not.

Everyone would be up in arms if we sold Bogle for anything less than £10 million and yet, I believe if we kept Frank and Jody for 3 years, they could do so much more for our club... Not only deliver it to the promised land but establish it as a Premier League club.

That's worth more than £4 million.

18 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Compensation for managers is far less than transfer fees for players, which I find a little puzzling.

We only received £2 million from Stoke for Rowett (though there is a case that we should have rewarded them for taking him) and, now, folks seem happy with £4 million for Frank.

I'm not.

Everyone would be up in arms if we sold Bogle for anything less than £10 million and yet, I believe if we kept Frank and Jody for 3 years, they could do so much more for our club... Not only deliver it to the promised land but establish it as a Premier League club.

That's worth more than £4 million.

I was just thinking exactly the same, people are up in arms at the prospect of selling Bogle for 10 million, but then are biting hands off for 4 million for Frank Lampard, the man who has engineered our best season for 5 or 6 years. Madness.

Stick your 4 million up your arse Chelsea, I want to be entertained next year thanks.

5 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

According to tonight's BBC news, the manager of AC Milan was sacked after the team finished 4th in La Liga. 

Quiet sports news day, perhaps

How did he even get AC Milan into La Liga in the first place????????????????????

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/frank-lampard-next-chelsea-manager-16370619

Also an interesting read and makes a lot of sense.

I don't think Derby over achieved or under achieved this season. It was really enjoyable, but we have just has a season of Rowettball prior. Context is everything.

4million is way too low imo, but we are only basing this on the view things will continue to improve. It's the what if, which is why 4million is a poor compensation amount. 

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/frank-lampard-next-chelsea-manager-16370619

Also an interesting read and makes a lot of sense.

I don't think Derby over achieved or under achieved this season. It was really enjoyable, but we have just has a season of Rowettball prior. Context is everything.

4million is way too low imo, but we are only basing this on the view things will continue to improve. It's the what if, which is why 4million is a poor compensation amount. 

Interesting read. Exactly the kind of in depth analysis the DET currently provide. 

Archived