Watchable telly

dog

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

So many people told me about the ending and I was soooo disappointed when It happened.

I even wondered if it was going to happen after or during the credits as has been done  with films like Blair Witch.

I went to see Phantom of the Opera when Michael Crawford was in it and my sister had told me about this amazing part that would have me gasping in awe near the beginning it was so incredible.

At the interval I was thinking she must have meant it was near the end.

And at the end I presumed she thought I'd said I was going to see the latest Bond film.

But no, apparently her and half of London were staggered by a ducking chandelier falling to the floor.

Shame it didn't fall on Lloyd Webber's head when has was writing it.

Homeland did dip and get better, but it also contained a scene that had me crying with laughter when it wasn't meant to be.

It was (I think) the very last scene of one later season when Kerry got released by the baddies and came rushing over the bridge toward Saul looking like a witch on acid and went straight past him not recognising him.

Aaaaanyway.

You're an even tougher crowd than me ?

16 hours ago, ketteringram said:

You're an even tougher crowd than me ?

TBF I'm an utter knob. Even I get fed up with me pulling plots apart and pointing out continuity errors.

I'm worst with trees.

If you expect me to watch a film of yours, you'd better film it over one season or make sure there are no trees (or coniferous trees only) or I'll be pointing out that the last scene was in summer and we're clearly now back in spring.

It's like a drug.  

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

TBF I'm an utter knob. Even I get fed up with me pulling plots apart and pointing out continuity errors.

I'm worst with trees.

If you expect me to watch a film of yours, you'd better film it over one season or make sure there are no trees (or coniferous trees only) or I'll be pointing out that the last scene was in summer and we're clearly now back in spring.

It's like a drug.  

Just pretend you are watching the German Sci-Fi series Dark. Continuity has nothing on that.

On 04/04/2021 at 14:20, Mostyn6 said:

If you can handle subtitles, I recommend Lupin on Netflix. Can’t really tell you much about the story without spoilers. 

We're watching this at the moment. I'd liken it to Sherlock in terms of pacing, style and total implausibility of the lead character's antics! 

It's a fun 'romp' and if you like Sherlock you'll probably like Lupin.

On 25/04/2021 at 11:05, ariotofmyown said:

This x 1000. I think lots of people gave up around series 3 when it got a bit daft. Those that did missed some brilliant tv. Series 4 onwards was basically a different tv show. Think it was the best ending of a long running show too.

Gave up after the first season. Not sure I could wade though another 2 seasons to get to the upturn to be honest.

On a separate note, just watched Messiah which I found quite intriguing. Was hoping midway they'd limit it to a single explosive series, but alas Netflix thought otherwise.

Wish more series like True Detective season 1 were made - less fluff and a story told end to end without the need to artificially extend it. At least they had the decency to write entirely new stories for seasons 2 and 3, even if they were garbage by comparison.

Edit: Nearly forgot - The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - load of bolarks. Didn't last through to the second episode ?‍♂️

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheers. Just looking for season 2 now in case I like it ?

Its definitely a slower burn and less captivating than Gomorrah. But compared to something like 'zerozerozero' it feels more  authentic. Don't know anyone who has watched it or read any reviews so I'm in a critical void at the moment! 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Its definitely a slower burn and less captivating than Gomorrah. But compared to something like 'zerozerozero' it feels more  authentic. Don't know anyone who has watched it or read any reviews so I'm in a critical void at the moment! 

Ah no worries. I'll give it a go. Some fair reviews and stuff on Reddit so it's probably well worth a watch.

On 29/04/2021 at 19:14, Mostyn6 said:

Stumbled across Russian programme Better Than Us on Netflix on Tuesday. Absolutely brilliant. 

Not seen this mentioned before, I’m nearing the end already and it’s been a brilliantly captivating watch which I highly recommend. Ignore the blurb and just watch an episode. You’ll all thank me. 

On 30/04/2021 at 19:36, Mostyn6 said:

Not seen this mentioned before, I’m nearing the end already and it’s been a brilliantly captivating watch which I highly recommend. Ignore the blurb and just watch an episode. You’ll all thank me. 

Well, I'll thank you anyway. 

Would never have found this without your recommendation. Three episodes in so far and I think it's brilliant. ?

Said this before, but really don't get the Line of Duty love in. 

Missus keeps saying she wants to start it because everyone loves it so it must be good. 

I watched 3 or maybe 4 series under pressure from several good friends and its just a glorified The Bill.