Watchable telly

dog

21 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It's bloody awful ...................... in my humble opinion 

Agreed.

It started off ok, then went to bad, then to awful, then to utterly comical.

I'm pretty sure the director just said to Brian Cranston before evry take 'give me your best Walter White, but make him have a stroke'

I got to the beginning of the 5th episode and just couldn't take any more.

Edited by Bob The Badger

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Surprised we're not all talking about the latest series of Line of Duty. 

Record viewing figures suggest a large proportion of us must be watching it. 

General reaction has been a bit meh for the first two episodes. 

I'm hanging in there having watched them all from the first series many years ago. 

I've never watched it but the cuurent hype around it suggests we should probably start from the beginning on iPlayer.

I'm sure at the time it must have had plenty of talk on here at some stage, but it was never (to my knowledge) shown in the States, so we're just just catching up with Gomorrah.

When I saw the IMDb reviews I was a bit skeptical with so many 10/10's, but I was wrong to be.

Dark, violent, shocking and absolutely outstanding. 

Brilliant acting, tight (if occasionally confusing) script that has you wondering which ducker is going to die next and utterly believable. 

Still not quite to the end of season one so no spoilers please!

18 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I've never watched it but the cuurent hype around it suggests we should probably start from the beginning on iPlayer.

We binged the first 5 seasons (this is the 6th, right?) just before we moved back when they dropped onto Netflix in the US and yeh you should.

Excellent series with a lot of twists that even when you suspect they are coming you don't see them coming.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm hanging in there having watched them all from the first series many years ago. 

I think LoD is the most ridiculous barrel of arsegravy on the box. From series 2 the plots have been paper thin, verging ridiculous, and by whatever series we are on now the search for the mythical H has become the biggest shaggy dog story since we signed Ian Storey Moore. I could write pages on the plot with holes bigger than the size you get in your skirting board if you cross an elephant with a mouse but let's just say it remains utterly beyond me how anyone could be on the edge of their seat on this one, other than to grab the remote to change channel.

34 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think LoD is the most ridiculous barrel of arsegravy on the box. From series 2 the plots have been paper thin, verging ridiculous, and by whatever series we are on now the search for the mythical H has become the biggest shaggy dog story since we signed Ian Storey Moore. I could write pages on the plot with holes bigger than the size you get in your skirting board if you cross an elephant with a mouse but let's just say it remains utterly beyond me how anyone could be on the edge of their seat on this one, other than to grab the remote to change channel.

I do like a poster with an opinion not sitting on the fence then BaaLocks ? 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm sure at the time it must have had plenty of talk on here at some stage, but it was never (to my knowledge) shown in the States, so we're just just catching up with Gomorrah.

When I saw the IMDb reviews I was a bit skeptical with so many 10/10's, but I was wrong to be.

Brilliant acting, tight (if occasionally confusing) script that has you wondering which ducker is going to die next and utterly believable. 

Spoke about a lot. It’s not new, but it is awesome. 

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Said it many a time... Brilliant series. 

Just epic in every way.. 

PS Line of Duty...its like saying Lorraine Kelly is an absolute milf. I would stretch to surprisingly attractive home grown talent, or even a guilty pleasure..but really not up to the hype making out she's a gem. 

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm hanging in there having watched them all from the first series many years ago

I'm watching them but like you said, no one mentioned it so I didn't really say anything!

They do always start relatively slow, then build up into the action, but yeah it's just setting up the scene at the moment

20 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Why did you carry on watching after series 2 when you started to notice such aircraft carrier-sized plot flaws?

With Your Honor I just couldn't take any more by the 5th episode so I didn't torture myself by plodding on.

I pretty much stop watching any series or film I hate (and it happens fairly often) and stop reading any book that isn't sucking me in or educating me.

I quite like Line of Duty.

I do think they've got themselves a bit tangled up in knots RE: "H" - I don't really think the guessing game of who they could be is that exciting, and I think it peaked in series 1 and 2, and been on a slow decline since then but it's still enjoyable and well acted.

Hope series 6 is the final one though. Unfortunately the BBC will probably keep flogging it for another 10 series.

Each series has had a brilliant character introduced. Up until now. 

I'm not sure Kelly Macdonald, for all her many attributes, carries the same gravitas as Lennie James, Keeley Hawes, Daniel Mays, Thandie Newton or Stephen Graham. 

In addition, and for various reasons, the three stalwarts Kate, Steve and Hastings are all down in the dumps. 

We need a great episode to bring us back on board. 

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Each series has had a brilliant character introduced. Up until now. 

I'm not sure Kelly Macdonald, for all her many attributes, carries the same gravitas as Lennie James, Keeley Hawes, Daniel Mays, Thandie Newton or Stephen Graham. 

In addition, and for various reasons, the three stalwarts Kate, Steve and Hastings are all down in the dumps. 

We need a great episode to bring us back on board. 

I actually thought the 2nd episode was really good, particularly the interview scene which are always the best part.

The new ex-criminal turned bent copper seems to be taking a rather large risk, like bumping into AC12. Not the greatest sleeper agent by the OCG!