Watchable telly

dog

As a lot of folk have been going crazy about the latest season of Unforgotten I took the plunge and started a catch up on Netflix.  Gotta say it's very good.  No troubled, lone wolf detectives, no unrealistic, hard-bitten dialogue, clichés avoided for the most part, just decent coppers trying to solve intriguing crimes.

Highly recommended

On 10/03/2021 at 20:04, 86 Hair Islands said:

They only did that with Lost because the writers didn't know what the duck was up either. Likewise the poor actors stumble-ducking around thinking, 'jeez, 10 series in and we're still ducking lost' ?

Trust me, with Dark it's all there. Stay focussed and you'll get the payoff. 

On 10/03/2021 at 22:15, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, there were loads of moments when certain things clicked into place and were awesome.

Did you check out Netflix's Dark website I posted the other week. Really good for keeping track of the characters with a family tree that updates to whichever episode you choose.

Just started series 3 (1 and 2 where great really enjoyed them !) 1st episode of series 3 and it seems to have run out of ideas, I hope I’m wrong and it’s as good as 1&2. 

On 07/04/2021 at 23:07, RebelScum said:

Just finished the second series of Snowpiercier - really enjoyed it (it may be an acquired taste). Dystopian, political, megalomaniac and a big duck-off train - what's not to like?

Be a good idea to watch the movie first.

Consistently good. Sometimes a series can be let down by one or two episodes...not this one.

'Leaving Neverland' (Netflix). 

Not new but had not seen before. Really even-handed and graphic exploration of Wacko Jacko and his 'interest' in young children. The two (now) men and their families made you realise how what seemed ridiculous and impossibly negligent was possible. Incredibly brave and sad, really did make you think about victims and how they are perceived. 

Bingeing on rewatching Friday Night Dinner. Reminding myself how good Paul Ritter was - he was excellent in Chernobyl. 
RIP Paul. 

Mrs ramit and i are enjoying a half hour Japanese program on Netflix called Midnight Diner.  It's about a very small diner that opens from midnight to early morning and the guests who frequent the place, telling 1 story per episode.  It's slow moving with good humour, the perfect thing to watch before turning in for the night, makes one feel mellow.

Just approaching the last couple of series of 'Homeland'. It started off well, but fell away badly after the first couple of series and we were debating whether or not to knock it on the head. However, we stuck with it and haven't regretted it. Some episodes are amongst the best television drama I have ever seen.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just approaching the last couple of series of 'Homeland'. It started off well, but fell away badly after the first couple of series and we were debating whether or not to knock it on the head. However, we stuck with it and haven't regretted it. Some episodes are amongst the best television drama I have ever seen.

This x 1000. I think lots of people gave up around series 3 when it got a bit daft. Those that did missed some brilliant tv. Series 4 onwards was basically a different tv show. Think it was the best ending of a long running show too.

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

This x 1000. I think lots of people gave up around series 3 when it got a bit daft. Those that did missed some brilliant tv. Series 4 onwards was basically a different tv show. Think it was the best ending of a long running show too.

So many people told me about the ending and I was soooo disappointed when It happened.

I even wondered if it was going to happen after or during the credits as has been done  with films like Blair Witch.

I went to see Phantom of the Opera when Michael Crawford was in it and my sister had told me about this amazing part that would have me gasping in awe near the beginning it was so incredible.

At the interval I was thinking she must have meant it was near the end.

And at the end I presumed she thought I'd said I was going to see the latest Bond film.

But no, apparently her and half of London were staggered by a ducking chandelier falling to the floor.

Shame it didn't fall on Lloyd Webber's head when has was writing it.

Homeland did dip and get better, but it also contained a scene that had me crying with laughter when it wasn't meant to be.

It was (I think) the very last scene of one later season when Kerry got released by the baddies and came rushing over the bridge toward Saul looking like a witch on acid and went straight past him not recognising him.

Aaaaanyway.