Watchable telly

dog

On 20/05/2020 at 18:18, Mostyn6 said:

Am watching Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road on Sky on demand. 

acdc lead singer interviews other musical legends. Sting, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey about tours. Intriguing

I think I watched that series on Sky Arts a year or so ago. It's really good.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

currently watching 'The Last Kingdom' on Netflix.

A bit naff - a bit like Vikings but nowhere near as good.

Interesting you say that. I've read the last kingdom books & enjoyed the show. But I lost heart in watching Vikings after the end of season 4 mainly because of Ragnar. I think Vikings looks like it has a bigger budget than the last kingdom though which does look a bit naff. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Started watching White Lines on Netflix but soon began to realise it’s only for fans of the Mediterranean club scenes (unless it improves in later episodes).

I actually found it deteriorated. 

The first few were ludicrous but strangely entertaining in an over the top 'look how crazy we all are shagging and taking drugs' kind of way. 

It then got turgid in a middle-classed navel gazing exercise of where it all went wrong. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I actually found it deteriorated. 

The first few were ludicrous but strangely entertaining in an over the top 'look how crazy we all are shagging and taking drugs' kind of way. 

It then got turgid in a middle-classed navel gazing exercise of where it all went wrong. 

You're confirmed my fears and I won't bother with the rest.

On 21/05/2020 at 22:02, Inverurie Ram said:

I had a red drifter when I was a kid and it got nicked. A lad called Dean found it though and I gave him a fiver reward out of my holiday spending money. That was a fair bit of cash for me back then.

On 20/05/2020 at 18:01, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The Last Dance is great. I had no knowledge of basketball beforehand, but it hasn't really impacted my experience five episodes in.

The fact that each Play Off game is played to the best of seven is absolutely bonkers though. 

So many people are saying this but really not seeing it.

I am sticking with it, and its fairly watchable.. but nothing about it really brings it above the level of average sports documentary for me. I bow to the overwhelming narrative but I must be missing something. 

As a football fan I much preferred (especially season 2) 'Sunderland Til I Die' and 'Maradona in Mexico'. 

'Senna' transcended the sport as I don't like motor racing but loved the film, just not seeing how the series goes beyond basketball to a wider scope of interest and I don't particularly warm to Michael Jordan either. 

Edited by Chester40

10 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I enjoyed it. What you struggling with?

Everything. 8 episodes of not knowing how the arcs connect, not knowing who is who, why they are there or even if they are there, hideous levels of pointless violence - nobody can die anyway.

All wrapped up in pub philosophy-style ‘you think you’re in control, you think you make your own choices’ smugness. 

On 22/05/2020 at 12:08, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just about to watch The Wire for the first time.

What medium are you watching it on? Now TV, and is it free to view if a subscriber?  I have Netflix and Prime. Thanks to anyone who responds in the know ?