Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've heard good things and will give it a try.

Regarding the lack of rural representation on British TV, have you seen This Country? It's also on iPlayer and is very good, with a main character who physically resembles a young Gareth Keenan!

I did try that, and I can see why it's funny. But I don't care for that style of mockumentary. It makes me feel like I am looking down on the people in it, and that I don't like that in myself. 

But that's just me. 

On 10/05/2020 at 13:58, Chester40 said:

Can't recall what the consensus on Gangs of London is...?? 

But I am definitely in the shamelessly enjoying it camp. 'Visceral' is a word only used in movie reviews...but its also the best word to describe the action scenes. 

Not sure if the main character is supposed to be a slightly unlikely crime boss (he was very likeable in Black Mirror) and his teeth/accent are jarring..but those kind of minor things aside I guiltily love it. Its like a Guy Ritchie film with all the daft nicknames and annoying mockney-isms omitted. 

Its probably the most outrageously violent thing I've seen on tv

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Its probably the most outrageously violent thing I've seen on tv

You feel in a good way? 

Gareth Evans sure can handle action scenes, would love to see him take on a Gladiator, Braveheart type budget/story. 

Edited by Chester40

Just watched the end of Homeland. 

An utter predictable yawn fest kept going by the brilliant Mandy Patinkin.

Overall I thought the season was good, but after the build up on here and from my sister, I  was expecting way more with the last episode. 

When I'm saying to the wife half way through  'I bet this happens' and that is exactly what happens then it's time to get new scriptwriters because there are haddock with better imaginations than me.

Homeland over the entire 8th series was a solid Craig Short in his second season. Whereas Guri/Haji was an Igor Stimac from the get go. And the first 3 seasons of Narcos was Ooh Mark Wright in his pomp.

Anybody seen Waco yet? 

2 hours ago, philmycocu said:

As previously mentioned, Normal People is a good watch. Also recommend Derek if you've not seen it all.

Just finished Normal people tonight. 

Superb.  The ending makes you want more, and hopefully the author has a 2nd book up her sleeve. 

On 11/05/2020 at 11:48, therealhantsram said:

I did try that, and I can see why it's funny. But I don't care for that style of mockumentary. It makes me feel like I am looking down on the people in it, and that I don't like that in myself. 

But that's just me. 

Finished the first series of Detectorists last night. Really enjoyed.

"The last dance" on Netflix, story of Michael Jordan and Chicago Bulls. Obviously better if you are into basket ball but if you just like sports documentaries this is as good as it gets. Great insight into supremely talented athletes and their drive to reach and stay at the top. Can't wait for final 2 episodes next week.

On 11/05/2020 at 17:56, reverendo de duivel said:

Code 404 on Sky One.

What is this poo, I asked after 30 seconds, before promptly watching all 6 episodes back to back.

Escapist, amusing nonsense perfect for lockdown if you like daft comedy.

I agree. Disappointing given the strong cast.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't say that?

Series 1 is perfection, series 2 and 3 imo are very near perfection but don’t quite hit the height of series 1.

Detectorists is comfortably one of the best shows of the last decade. 

Edited by TuffLuff