Watchable telly

dog

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What medium are you watching it on? Now TV, and is it free to view if a subscriber?  I have Netflix and Prime. Thanks to anyone who responds in the know ?

All seasons streaming until the end of June on Now TV. Free 7 day trial, then £9 month.

Sith Happens
38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What medium are you watching it on? Now TV, and is it free to view if a subscriber?  I have Netflix and Prime. Thanks to anyone who responds in the know ?

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

All seasons streaming until the end of June on Now TV. Free 7 day trial, then £9 month.

and always deals to be found,  I'm currently paying 2.66 a month for now tv

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Been watching Unsolved the last few days. Season one I quite liked, but I thought season two was an absolute belter. Well worth a look for anyone who has not already watched the show.

What channel/streaming app?

I am at the halfway point of the Last Dance and to be honest, I am not sure I’ll finish it. I’ve been struggling to give it any attention. It’s just background noise at this point.

The first time I started watching it, I fell asleep halfway through episode 1.

It just feels unnecessarily drawn out to me. A ten-part documentary that actually could tell the same story in half the time, maybe even less than that.

Of the sports documentaries I’ve watched, Icarus and Sunderland Til I Die were both far more entertaining and engaging.

In fact, I even got through an eight-part Mexican high school drama in one day this past weekend.

So I am struggling to see why The Last Dance is held in such high regard.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I am at the halfway point of the Last Dance and to be honest, I am not sure I’ll finish it. I’ve been struggling to give it any attention. It’s just background noise at this point.

The first time I started watching it, I fell asleep halfway through episode 1.

It just feels unnecessarily drawn out to me. A ten-part documentary that actually could tell the same story in half the time, maybe even less than that.

Of the sports documentaries I’ve watched, Icarus and Sunderland Til I Die were both far more entertaining and engaging.

In fact, I even got through an eight-part Mexican high school drama in one day this past weekend.

So I am struggling to see why The Last Dance is held in such high regard.

i'm not a basketball fan, but watched the last dance just for the sports factor....i loved it, found parts with humour and alot of emotional scenes, especially around Jordans dads murder..... i knew Jordan was a master in his sport, but this programme really makes you realize he was on a total different plying field

?

Watched Little Fires Everywhere on Amazon Prime. 

Stars the excellent Reece Witherspoon as an ambitious journalist who gave it up to be mum of four with a wealthy husband. 

She lets out a property to a black single mum (thus gaining kudos) but both have dark secrets. 

Really good story about motherhood and what it can do to you. 

Snowpiercer on Netflix first two episodes so far so good

Code 404 on NowTV i watched the first two episodes and again quite good, not belly roaring laughs but a few laugh out louds, defo worth carrying on with

Been on a bit of a Netflix tip the past couple of weeks - 

White Lines - Was quite excited when the trailer dropped, and the fact it starred Laura Haddock who's not only a damn fine actress but foxy as all hell, but I was bored to tears after 2 episodes, and only stuck with it because Mrs R quite liked it, and insisted we finish it.  Just a complete mess, and the tone was all over the place.

The Last Dance - Awesome documentary featuring one of the best teams to play any sport ever, and the greatest sportsman of all time.

Q Ball - Moving documentary about the basketball team at San Quentin prison in California.

The Defiant Ones - Documentary about the founders of Beats Audio, Dr Dre & Jerry Iovine.  Really good.