Watchable telly

dog

Can also vouch for Gomorrah. Killing Eve is something I watched recently and loved. Though not my normal cup of tea I also liked Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - it's pulp but well paced and doesn't require too much thought on the viewer's part. Old school but a must if not already seen - the Sopranos and The Wire, the latter especially. True Detective series 1 is an absolute masterpiece and Stranger Things is quirky and a good watch too. Narcos is also excellent. 

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Can also vouch for Gomorrah. Killing Eve is something I watched recently and loved. Though not my normal cup of tea I also liked Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - it's pulp but well paced and doesn't require too much thought on the viewer's part. Old school but a must if not already seen - the Sopranos and The Wire, the latter especially. True Detective series 1 is an absolute masterpiece and Stranger Things is quirky and a good watch too. Narcos is also excellent. 

Totally agree with this...apart from not seen Killing Eve...and several people have mentioned it, so will give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I used to like Line of Duty until tonight's episode.

I can't believe Vicky McClure snuck a Forest mug into shot, I hope her character gets killed now.

Have they made a new Line of Duty?! Where are you watching it revel?

On Netflix over here in Canada

Been on a Netflix binge recently.

The War - Ken Burns documentary on the Second World War gives a great insight into things from an American point of view. Not as good as his Vietnam documentary The Vietnam War but interesting nonetheless.

After Life - some laugh out loud moments, some sad moments, wasn't really sure what to think of it.

Line of Duty - vaguely remember this coming out a few years ago but forgot most of what happened, so re-watching from series one. Hopefully be caught up by the time series five ends.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - Jerry Seinfeld plus rare cars plus hit and miss comedian guests for twenty minute chats over coffee. Easy to watch and good for discovering some US comedians you might not have heard of before. Jim Carrey, Alec Baldwin, J.B Smoove, Steve Martin, Jon Stewart, Bill Burr, Jay Leno episodes are the episodes worth a watch as a taster.

Edited by JoetheRam

I watched the much talked about After Life with Ricky Gervais the other day, only 6 episodes half hour long each.

Have to say I finished it with a eh, is that it. 

I try to avoid overly hyped TV shows for this exact reason, they are over hyped. It passes as watchable telly in the same way a Pot Noodle will pass as a quick dinner. 

Had a couple of chuckles out of me, but none of these tears that people claim to be in, not even close and it doesn't need a series 2 either, we got your message.

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

What is.that formula?

Powerful genius, younger prodigy, influential adversaries, legal jingoism, people handing each other files!, people seemingly able to find anything out about everyone, shady deals, people falling out and betrayal but then working together to betray someone else later on, breakaway businesses etc. 

Two more recommendations...

Killing Eve - Sexy, darkly funny, violent and quirky. Series one available online. Series 2 currently showing but will avoid and binge-watch it at a later date. Such a fun ride. 8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7016936/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Informer - Paddy Considine and Nabhan Rizwan star as a counter terrorist operative and one of his reluctant informers. How security operatives are using snitches in the fight to keep our streets safe. Unflinching and grim but compelling viewing all the same. 8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161312/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2