First Derby Player You Ever Saw Score a Goal Live

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

I don't even remember my first Derby game (87-88 or 88-89) never mind the first goalscorer, though it was probably Dean Saunders.

I'm surprised so many can remember their first game/scorer unless they didn't go to a game until 10+ years old?

I remember my first game very well as an 8 year old. Got the tickets the day before (Xmas day) as a present from my dad in a huuuuge wrapped box. He's not into football whatsoever but came with me.

The first Derby match I remember was 20 years ago last week. I was only 6! (2 days before my 7th birthday).

My Mum got Sky Sports especially for the occasion. Forest 2-2 Derby, what a game that was. At the time my older brother was a Forest fan and we both kept leaving the room in a strop when each team took the lead.

In our teens I managed to convert him and now we have a season ticket together every year.

31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't even remember my first Derby game (87-88 or 88-89) never mind the first goalscorer, though it was probably Dean Saunders.

I'm surprised so many can remember their first game/scorer unless they didn't go to a game until 10+ years old?

I was six years old and I remember a surprising amount about that 2006-07 promotion season. I don't specifically remember the Barnes goal(s) in my first game, but I remember being at the Pirelli and I can actually recall Rowett's goal! Obviously I've not had that many years to forget since, but I doubt memories such as Pearson's goal at Wembley will fade anytime soon.

Clearly, my brain subconsciously registered that it was the start of my journey to being a Dark Fruits connoisseur, getting pissed on a minibus on the way to some poo ground. 

31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Remembering my first game is easy. It was the first game we completed at Prode Park (I was only 4). I needed the help from google to tell me the scorer though. 

58 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not difficult. I knew my first game was March 1972 (Ipswich v Arsenal) and that my Dad took me to every home game after that so I just found the first time Town played Derby. Simples.  11v11.com - it's all there.

Cant remember what i had for breakfast never mind my first Derby goal.But one does come to mind ,Hectors second season and his  goal against Birmingham city in the league cup.He ghosted through three defenders and lashed it in just awesome.

Cant forget those times.

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Inspired by a Twitter thread, I thought it would be interesting to see who scored your first every Rams goal.

Mine was Giles Barnes in a 3-1 win over Burton at the Pirelli in pre-season 2006. Incidentally, Gary Rowett scored a consolation goal for the Brewers that day. Perhaps the weather was trying to warn us of the Rowett-Derby connection, as it started absolutely pelting it down with rain.

I can’t remember,that’s how old I am?

@metalsheep02 Can you help me please?

Archived