First Derby Player You Ever Saw Score a Goal Live

DarkFruitsRam7

Wolves 2 Derby 3 1991. Didn't know who scored the first but just watched the highlights and it was Sir Bobby Davidson. I was in home fans with family and contained my celebrations until I got in the car. Good job as saw a Derby fans get thumped in the stomach by a passing Wolves idiot.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ok.

Goal-wise, I can only presume (as it's certainly not in my memory bank anywhere!) it must have been our first home goal of 75/76. 

Having now checked, Google is showing that as a Roy Mac 90th min consolation to make it Rams 1 - QPR 3...  Then QPR got 2 more before the whistle!  LOL!

As you may have now worked out, far from being a glory hunter, following that presentation of the Numero Uno Trophy at my first match, Derby's subsequent downfall runs precisely parallel with my own DCFC fan career.  I'm just glad nobody blames me!  

Well maybe not out loud.

Jackie Stamps in the mid 50`s although he was playing for Burton Albion at the time.                                                                                                               Otherwise, I think it was Ray Straw when we put 7 past Chesterfield in 1957.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Wolves 2 Derby 3 1991. Didn't know who scored the first but just watched the highlights and it was Sir Bobby Davidson. I was in home fans with family and contained my celebrations until I got in the car. Good job as saw a Derby fans get thumped in the stomach by a passing Wolves idiot.

Blimey - who nicked all the stands at the ends of the ground? ?

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I lived in Wolverhampton at the time (and was at that game). The ground was a right old dump. Made the BBG look like Buckingham Palace.

The away fans were in a pen behind the goal to the right but the terrace only stretched about three quarters of the way across the width of the pitch. This meant that instead of being tucked away in the corner we were a bit more central and had quite a good view. Especially of that Simon Coleman sending off. Never, ref.

58 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I was at that one, in the away end, cracking atmosphere. It was around this time of year. Never a pen when Bull just fell over. Great last 5 minutes. Met up with a lot of Wolves fans after that I worked with, very enjoyable....

Archived