First Derby Player You Ever Saw Score a Goal Live

DarkFruitsRam7

September 1970 away to the baggies, my godfather, a baggies fan, took me as my dear old dad didn't follow football then. We lost 2-1 with John O'hare scoring our goal. I can't remember his goal but I can still picture the baggies winner past Les Green and also the fact that it was Archie Gemmil's debut. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, admira said:

Alan Hinton at Portman Road, 3-1 defeat 21 October 1972 (I was 7)

Boulton, Nish, Todd, Hennessey, McFarland, Robson, Powell, Durban, McGovern Hinton, Hector.

Nish at Right back!

interesting. I didn't know that he'd ever played there.

i would like to have seen us try  Nish at right back and robson at left back for a bit. 

20 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Bruce Rioch  , Still in my opinion had the hardest strike of a football, 

Very closely followed by...

10 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Steve Buckley in a 2-1 win v Bolton in '85.

Oh... that's Steve Buckley btw, not Mick Harford!   LOL!

john o hare 15th april 1972 against Huddersfield town. First game against Newcastle utd on 3rd April 1972... we lost 1-0 on a very wet night...i was only 13 years old...my old lad took me to the BBG to show me where the ground was and i went on me own home and away after for many years till my brother in law took an interest in the 1980`s. I loved the Ramaway..me dad would drop me off at Derby train station and i would go all over the country watching the rams...

9 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Inspired by a Twitter thread, I thought it would be interesting to see who scored your first every Rams goal.

Mine was Giles Barnes in a 3-1 win over Burton at the Pirelli in pre-season 2006. Incidentally, Gary Rowett scored a consolation goal for the Brewers that day. Perhaps the weather was trying to warn us of the Rowett-Derby connection, as it started absolutely pelting it down with rain.

Archived