Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Snow.  Or least our country's reaction to the stuff.  A couple of inches of the white stuff and the most hardened of people turn into a bunch of whiney, useless, common sense devoid ********.  On Sunday morning I steadily cruised down a clear (if damp) B road at 50, only to be greeted with a line of traffic, slowing me down to 25...  At the head of this stupidly cautious queue?  A Range Rover Sport.  With it's 4 wheel drive, automatic traction control & variable slip diff!!!  All that money and not a clue how to drive it properly!!!

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I meant the bit of pavement in front of peoples driveways... :)

Maybe, in this crazy 'I'm going to sue you' world we now live in, you can be held responsible if you've cleared snow off the public footpath, it freezes over then someone slips on it. That's why I'll clear my drive but only up as far as the footpath and don't move your snow outside of your property either. Twenty years ago we joked about things like this, saying this is what the Americans would do but it's here. Bonkers!

19 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I meant the bit of pavement in front of peoples driveways... :)

See below

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Maybe, in this crazy 'I'm going to sue you' world we now live in, you can be held responsible if you've cleared snow off the public footpath, it freezes over then someone slips on it. That's why I'll clear my drive but only up as far as the footpath and don't move your snow outside of your property either. Twenty years ago we joked about things like this, saying this is what the Americans would do but it's here. Bonkers!

Yes people would sue, so councils have asked people not to clear the paths.  Way back we use to clear the whole cul-de-sac pavements of snow and contruct a massive ice fort and have battles, probably can't do that nowadays unless you have RAMS completed.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

See below

Yes people would sue, so councils have asked people not to clear the paths.  Way back we use to clear the whole cul-de-sac pavements of snow and contruct a massive ice fort and have battles, probably can't do that nowadays unless you have RAMS completed.

Classic urban myth. It is the responsibility of the person who slips over (obviously).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Old people shopping at weekends. Why?

They have all week doing nothing and then when I finish work they decide to clog up the car parks at supermarket with dodgy driving and parking when I want to go.

9 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

...And old people on public transport at peak times.

Especially the bus. Guaranteed at 9.15 they'll start trying to get on when a bus-pass is only valid after 9.30. Then moan when not allowed on for free. 

Bunch of triple-locked b*stards.

I think your being harsh personally.

According to Edwina Currie, some Derbyshire pensioners can only afford two homes.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/productivity-love-make-money/

The idiot in the lorry today that thought it was a good idea to take a short cut down tants meadow in kilburn. Then he sits there expecting all the cars coming the other way to reverse up out his way.