Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Needless work emails.. Being cc’d of bloody everything, even thank you ones. Does my bloody head in.

I am trolling through about 200 an hour at the moment and the vast majority are rubbish.. Look me crap, I’m here still working..  Bringback the lady in the telex room.

Stop posting on here till you've got all your work done and you'll also get through it a lot quicker. ?

17 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Needless work emails.. Being cc’d of bloody everything, even thank you ones. Does my bloody head in.

I am trolling through about 200 an hour at the moment and the vast majority are rubbish.. Look me crap, I’m here still working..  Bringback the lady in the telex room.

my director doesn't like me sending emails back and forth when trying to get specific details confirmed. For 3 years he's been "stop sending emails and pick up the phone", so eventually I did, then a month later when something went wrong, asked me for email proof of what I was requested to organise! I didn't react very well! I told him never to tell me to stop emailing from that point on cos he got a reaming in a director's forum! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

my director doesn't like me sending emails back and forth when trying to get specific details confirmed. For 3 years he's been "stop sending emails and pick up the phone", so eventually I did, then a month later when something went wrong, asked me for email proof of what I was requested to organise! I didn't react very well! I told him never to tell me to stop emailing from that point on cos he got a reaming in a director's forum! :lol: 

What I do if I don't have an email but have spoken to someone is then send an email to them and whomever needs it confirming the conversation, they then have an opportunity to say its wrong etc.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

What I do if I don't have an email but have spoken to someone is then send an email to them and whomever needs it confirming the conversation, they then have an opportunity to say its wrong etc.

yeah, I spent 3 years arguing it, having had similar happen at JCB years ago. Anywhere with a blame culture, you need to cover your arse. I have previously been directed to NOT send any more emails regarding subjects. But being able to shrug my shoulders and say "welllllllllllll....... you did order me to not get written confirmation...." was quite satisfying.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Can't beat a good arse covering email. Something I learn the hard way. Just don't cc @Angry Ram he's snowed under with them as it is.

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Can't beat a good arse covering email. Something I learn the hard way. Just don't cc @Angry Ram he's snowed under with them as it is.

Spot on... Don't mind a degree of back covering emails, that's like now.. BUT keep the feckers to yourself until you need to use them. 

I don't need to be cc'd on inane bollx from people who sit 5 yards apart.

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Spot on... Don't mind a degree of back covering emails, that's like now.. BUT keep the feckers to yourself until you need to use them. 

I don't need to be cc'd on inane bollx from people who sit 5 yards apart.

I don't have this problem but Mrs Wolfie manages a team of 20 Social Workers and she gets copied on everything. I get it that there is back covering required - especially in that line of work - but after a 2 week holiday, she had over 2300 emails to catch up with. About 2-3% actually required action from her. She regularly works evenings just to catch up and she sees it as a success if she's managed to keep her inbox at less than 200 emails.

I've told her again & again that it's not sustainable - and she has 2 team leaders under her, who could filter a lot of the crap out - but it's the same with other Team Managers. It's a real Public Sector culture thing, I think but how much resource (and money) is wasted by people spending hours on end just reading emails they shouldn't need to.

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't have this problem but Mrs Wolfie manages a team of 20 Social Workers and she gets copied on everything. I get it that there is back covering required - especially in that line of work - but after a 2 week holiday, she had over 2300 emails to catch up with. About 2-3% actually required action from her. She regularly works evenings just to catch up and she sees it as a success if she's managed to keep her inbox at less than 200 emails.

I've told her again & again that it's not sustainable - and she has 2 team leaders under her, who could filter a lot of the crap out - but it's the same with other Team Managers. It's a real Public Sector culture thing, I think but how much resource (and money) is wasted by people spending hours on end just reading emails they shouldn't need to.

I hate that feeling of opening the inbox after a holiday.. You start to stress about it a couple of days before you come home. :angry:

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

I hate that feeling of opening the inbox after a holiday.. You start to stress about it a couple of days before you come home. :angry:

Luckily, I have mine set up to automatically flag emails from a select group I need to be kept up to date. The rest I happily select all and delete :D

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My Mrs is the same,one of the managers where I work and the phone constantly pings,I couldn’t give a shiny s**** though.

Now managing 20 Social Workers...bloody hell,my face started curling up thinking about the stress.

I get zero work emails,no place in my existence for any other stress than here.

42 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Tell her to send an instruction out stating that if the email needs her attention to put her name in the TO box, then set a rule in her email client that if she is just copied in it files it automatically to a folder so she has it for reference if needs be.

8 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Annoying thread titles that don’t give any indication as to what the thread is actually about.

”The Reason Why...” and “Thoughts?” being 2 recent examples. 

Aaaah yes, the annoying prevalence of clickbait.

There are 8 reasons for this & number 6 will shock you......

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Chris Kamara saying 'unbelievable'.

Funny a few times about 10 years ago, now just annoying.

Yeovil getting a throw in against Forest Green really isn't unbelievable.

It is if a Yeovil player had booted the ball out of the ground first.