Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Old people shopping at weekends. Why?

They have all week doing nothing and then when I finish work they decide to clog up the car parks at supermarket with dodgy driving and parking when I want to go.

The barber I go to gives an OAP discount but changed his conditions to say it doesn't apply Saturdays as he got them in then taking up a chair which could be filled by a full fare paying customer. Why on earth would you go when its at its busiest if you didn't have to?

On 12/21/2017 at 20:46, Phoenix said:

The street beggar outside Sainsburys in Loughborough, in the usual lotus position, in a Santa suit, who was quickly hiding his mobile phone in his pocket when a prospective punter walked by.

And the keys to his Audi?

7 hours ago, StringerBell said:

That’s probably the proper word for it. The one I heard sounded a bit more slangy.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought curtelage was the area of land contained within your own boundary, so the piece of pavement beyond your drive would not be part of it i.e. it belongs to the council or summat.

Hereditament would be the buildings within the curtelage. The old handwritten deeds used to refer to 'the hereditament and curtelage'.

Educational, these forums.Mind you, it's probably all B*llox.

Merry Christmas, one and all.

Edited by Phoenix

We are supposed to get more tolerant with age and in some ways i suppose i have, but in others i just get worse

i cannot stand when people wave their hands in an over-animated manner when saying something and they all seem to have taken the same hand waving classes taught by the same lunatic.  Yes i bloody know how a box is shaped and i don't need visual assistance to comprehend the words All Over The Place. 

Moderate hand waving can accentuate a point being made and i do it too, but there's a limit surely

BTW, this is a brilliant thread